Stern but now fucked off...
    Name
    Nick
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I do have a few stories...

Go back a few years, back to 2004ish, just before the "hoon squad" was formed, and Aspley McDonalds & Hypermarket was becoming quite the meeting point on a thursday night. Nothing "illegal" was happening except for the fact that people where standing around talking to eachother. Hypermarket landlords apparently said enough is enough and decided to get the po-po involved. We're all standing there when the one and only exit was blocked and a fleet of bikes and cars arrived to begin the giant defect fest.

One of my mates, knowing full well that they can only offer a "standing defect" if a vehicle is un-attended (and unable to be popped open for anal probing) moved across the street to watch the bloodbath begin.

Few hours later after all the hoo-haa was over, returned to his vehicle to find that he had been issued a Standing Defect for "Modified Seating Capacity". A mongrel act considering his only modification to his seating was folding the rear (foldable) seat down in his Silvia. Pathetic.

Name
    Peter
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Here's my rant;

I'm a P plater in vic, I have 2 cars, a non turbo r32. And a KE70.

This is a defect story, and it involves mousse. I was at a mates place on a saturday night, it was 4am. I felt like chocolate mousse. Only 24/hr supermarket we knew of was in the city. Had my mate in the car and was driving the r32 at this point, the car was extremely unroadworthy, and I knew it. Idling at the lights about 1 minute away from the supermarket, and a Cop car pulls up next to me, looks at me and hand gestures to pull over. Fair enough, my exhaust was ridiculously loud and I was a P plater in a skyline.

Pull over and 3 cops get out of the car and start walking towards me, one comes up to the window and before anyone said anything "Right mate! This is whats gonna happen, your gonna get a defect right here and now". 3 cops proceed to check out the entire car, the usual, pop the hood. "i like your burnout tyres mate" etc. Everything that they defected me for, except 1 thing, I 100% agree with and I deserved. Bald tyres, exhaust noise, headlight out, pod not secured. Just the "handbrake not adjusted" pissed me off.

Anyway to the point, every single word that came out of this officers mouth, sounded as if I had just tried to run someone over, or stab someone... I was nothing but respectful, did not argue with him once, did not make any smartarse comments. I knew I was in the wrong driving the car as it was, but I wanted chocolate mousse

To top it off, one of the officers that said nothing to me the whole time, came up to me just before they were leaving and said in a ridiculously aggressive tone; "What was your reason for driving an unroadworthy vehicle", trying to intimidate me...

I'd like to make it clear that I was definitely not hooning or punching it or anything... Just in the wrong place at the wrong time; driving an unroadworthy car. But to be treated like I was the biggest #$@%head in the world, it pisses me off. I would be more inclined to not do anything like it again if the officer was nice and reasonable (still receiving the exact same consequences, fine/defect etc).

Name
    Ry
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

You were definitely high. No sober person would drive into the city in their defectable car just for chocolate mousse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobxxx View Post
    I will legitimately drive nude...

Name
    Kevin
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

New years day 2010, my father and I were preparing the minibike for a trip to the farm, we'd checked/changed oil, tightened nuts and bolts and Dad had fixed the exhaust leak. Living in a quiet dead end street, i figured i'd go for a quick test run just to make sure it was running 100%.. Planning to be on the road for no longer than 20 seconds, without a helmet I rode off my driveway, pass 3 houses then BAM! Highway Patrol drives past the top of my street. I switch the motor off, turn around and start pushing it back home. Next thing i hear is the roar of an LS2 and a siren, I turn around and sure enough, they'd turned around to get me. Two male officers get out of the car and tell me what i was doing was illegal and they were going to fine me. One officer pulls out the breathalyser. At this point i was shitting bricks as it was New Years Day and I'd been on the drink quite heavily the night before. Luckily enough, I blew 0.00. The other copper asked me why i would do such a stupid thing and i tried to explain to him that i live 3 houses down the road and that i'd only just gotten on the road, but he wouldn't hear any of it. Sure enough, i got fined for "Rider No License", "Rider No Helmet", "Unregistered Motorcycle" & "Uninsured Motorcycle".
    Being 16 at the time, on my L's copping a total of $1,876 in fines and 6 Demerit points wasn't an entertaining thing to explain to my parents. Yeah, i was in the wrong, but in my eyes the punishment was a little overboard and unnecessary...

For reference, this is what I was riding..

Veteran
    Name
    Ben
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

LOL!? There is a difference between doing a job and what I have witnessed/heard.

Early last year I was pulled up for over an hour at 2am, while on my way home from Nightshift. One marked car, and two bikes. Was in my Sigma wagon, 99% stock other than 14x6 XR4s.

Breath tested, drug tested, searched my car for drugs/weapons, looked over the car (all five cops on hands and knees etc), accused me of tampering with plates (I questioned this + pulled the Original book from glove-box showing matching plates from new in '86) I was told it didn't matter, and then slapped me a Minor Defect for 'unevenly worn' tyres.

I have got away with a fair bit, and had some nice coppers but the bad greatly outshine the good.

FTP. Word

ke70kid

got defecterd in my old ke70 and thay wrote on the defect it was a holden and told me to tow it home as the rear tiers where balld(still had skid tiers on from winton) but wrote the wrong time down as well on the defect so i had an hour to drive it,i pointed out that he made a mestake he then lunged at the paper,i then shuved it in my back pocket,thanked him for his stuff up and drove home,lol

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Parking inspectors are doing a job too.

Name
    Nick
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

drove into a 80 zone on a freeway, got gunned by a bike ighway partol douchebag for 92. annoying, but fair.
    cunt gave me 2 tickets for the same thing (modification not approved and driving defective vehicle both for a bride seat) plus a defect on the car. wouldnt have a fuckign bar of anything. normal police are worthy of respect, its traffic police that are fuckign dicks

Name
    Matt
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Seriously Nick. I understand you have to set an example and the forum needs to promote safe and well behaved driving, but I dont think it was cause for my whole post to be deleted, maybe some parts needed some creative rewording but delete the whole thing?

Your rules I guess. No more stories from me.

Name
    Clay
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

ok so defect no.2 for me.

after about 6 months of driving my standed ke70 i decided that it was just bad luck so i put all my suspention back in my car.
    so ive just slaved away for about 10hrs replacing pretty much every suspention compontnet in the car. so anyway it was about 11pm that i finished and i decided to take the ke around the block to see if everything was sweet (tightend alinged ect,ect. ) so get this i was gone for about 30 seconds when i pass a cop car coming out a back street. blah blah they pull me over and i explain everything. just be nice not a cunt. and yep they defected me metres away from my street 30second after it was lowered.
    but heres the real cunt act. i asked if they could give me atleast 24hrs as it was late, about 11:30pm at this stage on a weeknight. so i asked for 24hr to drive the car as i needed to get work the next and it was too late to bem ringing p people to find out what shift everyones on and if they coud give me a ride. the told me that it was extreemly dangerous to be driving this car around and gave me 5 mins to drive home.

and for those who dont know my ke70 had 15x7 meshise that sat 15mm in the guards and the height was atleast 10mm above the top of the tyres to the guards. so i think it was about 150mm ground clearence at the rails (mabey abit lower cant remember exactaly...)

ill be back with no. 3 defect soon lol...

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast