Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ae86 struts into ke70

Bad Email Address

Default ae86 struts into ke70

i was just looking on the ajps site. i am going through the stages of getting a parts list together on what suspension i am gonna put in my ketto. i want some input on what people think and what else i will need.
    i wanna put some of those ae86 kyb excel g short stroke, uprated front inserts in (() the $279 a pair ones) . i am thinking ajps 200mm free height 8kg springs in front. what else will i need to fit this set up in the front of the ketto? lca's and what not? or will it all just bolt straight in? and what do the front springs sit in? the inserts dont look like much? (sorry for the complete noobness, i had a silvia before this and i just put coilovers in it. 5 bolts each front, 3 each rear. piece of piss, not used to modifying normal shocks and shiz) is this an alright set up? what else do ppl suggest?
    in the back i am going to go 200mm free height 6kg springs and kyb excel g short stroke sierra shocks. running un captive springs is making me way paranoid atm. i have a whiteline adjustable panrod thingy (excuse the spelling) in my storage room.
    when i take it in to get a wheel allignment. what settings should i get it set to.
    thanks for any help given

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Everything will bolt up if you have the correct parts

To Run the ae86 struts in the ke70 you will need
    Ae86 struts
    ae86 hubs,discs,calipers (ADM is solid disc, but JDM is vented which is better, but more expensive)
    ae86 steering arms. (power steering arms give you more lock but slightly heavier steering)

To change the inserts you undo the glandnut(at the top of the strut body) and swap them over. The spring will sit on the spring seat and you put it all back together, only one way.

this setup should do

Wheel alignment should be something like this for hard driven daily
    2-2.5 degrees of camber
    0mm toe
    caster rods wound out to max

to adjust the camber you will need some ae86 camber tops and they replace the standard strut top in your ke70.

hope this help

Bad Email Address

yeah man. thanks heaps. thats exactly what i wanted. anyone else gotta a better idea i could do so i dont have to change the brakes but still have a good setup ie. non cut springs

Name
    Jason
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Also note....
    When useing 86 strut tops in KE70 you loose caster...
    Very noticable.. And a pain in the arse...
    If your not fitting adjustable stut tops remember to fit the KE70 tops to your 86 strut.

Name
    Blair
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

yeh probs invest in either xt130 corona LCA's for budget non-adjustable camber (~1.5deg?) (if your going to rebush etc would probably just go camber tops for adjustability + price)

or camber tops (cusco/t3 etc) which you should be able to get for 2-300 second hand

200mm isnt to low, its not high either. depending on what wheels/tyres you run you may want an adjustable panhard rod aswel (many many options)

Bad Email Address

i already have an adjustable panhard rod already, i have old school supra rims on there atm. but i am getting 14x8 -10's from ajps in like a month only a pair but. to go on the back. does anyone know if ajps do stiff short stoke inserts for my standard shocks?

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

stiff short stroke inserts would probably be KYB AGX 4 way ADJ shocks, they replace the standard schocks, if thats what u mean? Last sentence didnt make sence?

Bad Email Address

sorry. what i ment was. instead of doing the 86 conversion can i just get inserts like the ones i linked to up higher for 86 struts for my ke70 struts. that better? i can try a different way of explaining it. hate it when i cant write things the way i want it explained (me = fail)

no uprated shocks for ke70 struts.. hence why every1 changes to 86.

Name
    Adam
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

KE70 shocks are too small in diameter to fit anything decent into them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast