Thread: Bucket seat engineering..?

Name
    Kevin
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Default Bucket seat engineering..?

lads i have looked back through the pages to try and find an answer to this before i posted...im looking at fitting 2 nice bucket seats to my levin..just sold the two standard ones tonight...

1) is it easy or where can i get ae86 rails to fit a bucket seat..and what do i need to be looking for ?

2)..and once bolted/welded together where or who does certifing to say all is legal and 100% safe

thanks

Name
    Mathew
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

a quick search of COOMERA and your from qld so no engineers report for you but you will need a mod plate for sure now to your first question what brand are the seats and are they a bottom or side mount type bucket seat pics could help if you can be bothered otherwise more info is needed
    the dyno pull to 300rwkw

BT20v is making 300rwkw like i said i would without nitrous so now its time for some spray and see if she will run a 10s or less

Name
    Kevin
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

pen15...i dont have the seats yet...im hoping to get a set from craig at just jdm when i can get a hold of him...other than that theres a set just after comming up in the for sale section from an evo that have no rails..so i dont know what way the are fitted to rails...if i had photos i get them up some how its not a case of not being bothered...id rather buy a set ready for install like the recaros ...i just dont know anybody myself that has bought rails,seat and got it mod plated...hence the question the first place..thanks.

Name
    Brett
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Here's the vehicle standard site about mod plates in qld. But if u hav a welder and can weld anything is possible. If u hav a mod plate for bucket seats cops and transport department arnt goin to check how the seats are bolted in. As long as it isn't dodgy as and is welded proper then it should be fine. But I'm sure racaro and bride and all them make rails to suit ur car and the seat u want. However brand new rails are expensive.

Name
    Mathew
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

when you say new rails are expensive who cares i would rather spend the money on a good set of rails than be fucked up in an accident

KMIRISH74 when you get the seats like seats from an evo or such its just a matter of modifying what you have as those rails are pretty much integrated into the seat just wait and see what you come up with i have had many different seats in my car from swift gti to wrx sti and now bride all you need to do is make them work and as haveaparty said if you have a welder and you "are competent" at welding make it fit and get it checked easy as that

cheers
    mat
    the dyno pull to 300rwkw

BT20v is making 300rwkw like i said i would without nitrous so now its time for some spray and see if she will run a 10s or less

Name
    Michael
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

and i now have pen15's swift GTI seats, and there still solid

Name
    Brett
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I wasn't saying it's a bad thing that they are expensive. I've brought many a seat rails brand new to fit cars cause of the reliability of them. And I don't hav a welder haha.

Name
    Kevin
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Thanks guys for your help..

Name
    Dimitri
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

last time i looked. you need to use an adr approved seat. and the rail needs to be approved by an engineer and mod plated.

i dont tihnk any bride seats are ADR approved. from my understanding its either velo bottom mount for fixed back, or something taken from a stock car. otherwise technically it cant be legal.
    78's

Name
    Jacob
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Brides are FIA approved not ADR

Borrow a friends adr approved seat, go get a modplate then put bride in..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast