Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: My KETO project

Name
    Aaron
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

You work quickly mate nice work. Love the black interior job too.
    Best of luck.
    I'd rather have an '86 than a girlfriend.

Name
    ryan
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

cheers man, hoping it will be once i'm done. my spare wheel well and behind the bumper where pretty much spotless, just a little surface on each.

yea was the only car i looked at that had it, guessing it was an optional extra or something. yea i'm guessing you got yours off eBay, thats where i got mine.

yea i'm a bit impatient with cars, not a good thing. thanks man, hoping to eventually have it all black some way down the track.

cheers dude.

another update,got a new alternator belt and cleaned the engine bay, came up mint, just needs a few touch ups, hopefully get that done on friday. really keen to get the new engine in but waiting on a set of steering bushes from America :/ also does anyone know any good toyota wreckers? after a few bits for the engine.

Name
    Michael
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

nah i got mine off a member on here, also if you didnt see in your thread i have a gearstick for you

why are you getting rack bushes from the US????, cost me like 28 bucks for super pro ones
    Last edited by lolwat; 19th May 2011 at 12:27 AM.

Name
    Peter
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I wish I was like you and was impatient mines taken two years but its hard to find time between a full time job and a missus lol plus having two other cars that chew the dollars.

Those stone trays were standard as far as I knew every corolla I've seen untouched by someone trying to mod it has one. Unfortunately your gonna have to lose it when you put in the 4AGE as the sump will hit the tray or so I've heard but you could cut it to make it fit.

As for wreckers man a lot are expensive for 4AGE parts what exactly are you after? This site has got me most of my parts just have the cash ready and check the parts for sale or post up in the wanted section you'd be surprised how quick you'll get stuff.
    My Project Thread! KE70 4AGTE Build & Respray
    http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...ead.php?t=2294

Name
    ryan
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Ah k fair enough dude, ok sweet i was just about to check that thread. they were cheap, $20 including postage

Trust me no you dont, ive burned a pretty large hole in my pocket but im hoping ti will be worth it whne its done. yea see i dont have a job atm and im only at tafe 2 and a half days a week, so i get alot of time to work on the car. hmmm hope it doesnt, if it does ill just get rid of it. really :/ im after some bits off the fuel rail, one fuel rail bolt and spacer, main fuel inlet fitting and the line that goes from the inlet manifold into the fuel rail with fittings on each end, also anybody know how much i would be looking at for these?

Name
    Peter
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I've pretty much burnt a hole right through my pocket and leg and pretty close to sacrificing my two nuts too lol. So far up to $16,881.71 and still gotta buy 4 tyres, adaptronic e420c, CAS and coil packs, Tseries disc brake diff with LSD, rego and engineering cert. I estimate that to be another $4500.
    Even selling my pride and joy 2006 XR8 ute to give me some extra cash so this rolla better be worth it. Wish I never kept track of how much I spent if I sell the car I would be lucky to get $5k

Man you could get that all made up at your local pirtek or Enzed just take it in and tell them what you want they can make it to size.

Name
    ryan
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

wow, i guess i haven't really spent that much. i'm sure it will man, will handle like a go kart, but be 7X as fast. well its all in good fun man, when doing up cars you never get back what you spend making them better, just the way it goes.

yea i tried, but the guy said they didn't have them, ill give them a call tomorrow and see if i can order them in.

Name
    Peter
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Some of them are douches and have no idea. I went to an enzed and they're like we don't have that. Spoke to an old guy there and he's like we don't have that but I can make it so waited 20mins and he made it up on the lathe and shit. I got all my braided turbo lines and fittings done there.

The corolla certainly is like a gokart when I jack it up the wheel arches dont extend away from the wheels at all. When I push it down too it springs up so quick.

Name
    ryan
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

yea i'm guessing so, the guy i talked to had no clue still have to go and get my bits from enzed. hahaha wow what a lazy fag! so jealous of your setup, really want a decent set up in mine, but funds arn't really allowing that at them moment :/

Anyway i've been a bit lazy in updating this but finally got round to taking some photos and doing a write up. done a fair few things on the car, stripped back and painted the:

tie rod ends

the crossmember

stone guard

valve covers in VHT wrinkle (extra jdm points yo!)

and the brake booster, brake line splitter, alternator bracket and the gearbox stays

Also decided to get the engine checked out instead of just putting it in and hoping for the best. so i stripped down the engine, ready to be checked over by the engine rebuilders. since it was in that decided that i was going to paint it, so have scuffed all the paint with a wire brush bit. just need to go over it with wax and grease remover and paint it.

since the engine was out and i had access to parts of the engine bay that i normally would have, thought i should paint it, so i've cleaned it and stripped most of the stuff out of it. Will just mask off the rest of the stuff.

cleaning the bay

clean gearbox

also am starting to flaring all the guards, otherwise they scrub.

thats about it for now. still need to do a lot of stuff but that will come i the coming weeks. till next time

Name
    ryan
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

also what colour does everyone think i should paint my engine bay, battleship grey or the white or another colour?

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast