Thread: Introduce Yourself

Veteran
    Name
    Jake
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Hey, I'm Jake, been here for a little while now, I work at sci fleet toyota as an apprentice mechanic 5 months into my third year now and get signed off and qualified in December (yes the apprenticeship is only 2 years and 10 months Just turned 18 last month, had my p's for a year now and have had 3 cars first was and ae92 corolla 4afc power, then briefly owned a st141 corona which I ended up selling for a decent profit, then I found my T18 which I got regoed the day before my driving test for my p's just in time and have modded it a bit too much I would say but its fun to drive and reliable, spent a bit more than I would like to on it but still good, once tax time comes around will be getting painted and rust gone! and maybe a tough T motor one day.

Ive met a few people on here at EOMM and selling stuff but ye I love my toyota but it needs more power, really want to find an old chrysler centura to build a 350HP NA 6 and race with another guy from work, but every man and his dog wants way too much for them! well more than I want to spend haha.

Banned
    Name
    Gordon
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

You forgot to mention slapping a worked 2T-GEU in it Jake !

Name
    Johl
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

im johl (same as joel but my parents cant spell)

been around these forums since 2004 i think, when i was 15/16. have owned 1 ae71, 1gze ke70 and my current build which is a gte86. check it out and talk some shit to me

it started out as a ground up build that would be registered and not too out there, but it has well and truely blown out and i dont think there is any way i could get away with it running on the street. if you look at some of the recent pics you could see why.

im in the RAAF as an airfield defence guard, basically just play with weapons and explosives all day and when we arnt doing that we just do some pt to keep fit.

i own a german shepherd named trousers, he's hilarious and i love playing with him. and my first baby is due to be born in 2 months. so who knows if my car will ever get finished...
    stroked 2L ca18-ae86 in the build...eta xmas 2012?

Name
    Teemu ( DAN )
    State
    QLD
    Country
    australia

hey im Teemu pronounced Dan ( just..dont...it makes it easier for everyone ) anyway i drive a beige KE70, owned a couple of TE geminis and a EG civic but now love the corolla and looking for another one.

I work as a mechanic so dont ask me to help coz im there helping already, my plans for the KE is simple..use the 4k till it dies, then get another one to replace it. I do everything myself how i want it with parts made to fit, thats wat i think tuning is so im sticking with it.

Im also not much of a people person, i can handle a couple of mates drinking and stuff..but i wont be pushed into doing clubs or big partys. So if you see a big guy at the back of a group just listening thats prob me so come say a quiet Hi.

Cheers
    Dan

Name
    Jonathan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Hey guys,

I'm Jonathan. I have a keen interest in cars, but I haven't gotten around to getting one of my own yet. I'm hoping to eventually get a nice AE86 or TA22 or even an RA28 if I can get my hands on one.

Cheers

Name
    Dog
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Smile ME?

Hey People,

Im Dog, REDDOG, AKA Handiman, Oi C*#t, who the f*@k are you, Or what ever........

I have been a Toyota fan for many a year and have mostly been interested in the Hachi and JZA80.
    Previously I have had a ST141 Corona 2S 4 speed with locked diff. Flogged the prick every single day, Showed NO mechanical sympathy and gave it 110% at all times no probs at all.
    Went off road in the mud on the beach at Inskip point, down to Pinkenba mud flats and took a spin down Willowbank 1/4. Absolutely fed the poor thing its own Ass and it never failed!

In the last 3 years or so I have seen the "light" and finally got a KE20 to build a lowish budget race car.
    I have got a decent setup planned for it including #KZE + W5# R31 LSD, Full CAMS cage, coilovers, Low as and wide wheels, metal flares, and hopefully I can scare a few V8's in it.

Have had a few months off the build now due to little cash and getting an 80 Series Cruiser as a daily, and keeping it on the road.
    Hope to see you all on the track in the next 6 months or so, I will be aiming for a few sprint days and once sorted going to drift the thing!

Cheers,
    Handiman

Stern but now fucked off...
    Name
    Nick
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Welcome aboard guys.

Hopefully we will be having a Brisbane meet soonish and I can say hi in person.

Stay tuned for more on that one!

Name
    Johl
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

how about meeting at ribbets nick? that place is awesome, all you can eat ribs and its pretty central
    stroked 2L ca18-ae86 in the build...eta xmas 2012?

Stern but now fucked off...
    Name
    Nick
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Food meet you say?

Interesting...

I'm not one for ribs but maybe we could do a night dinner with a cruise straight after?

Name
    Beau
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

hey...

im beau,
    im a qualified mechanic in twmba I work at a private workshop and do everything from rebuilds to custom exhaust work. I help a mate tom ( you guys know him as heafy or tomtomra65) build his mk3 supra and his ra65 that has many parts from marv's old ra65. I drive a modded s13.. has the usual drift bits... just thought i would say hi and that this forum seems much more focused on useful information rather than what happens on some other forums where people just crap on about a hole lot of nothin..

cheers
    beau
    full time mechanic... part time toyota tech lol

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast