Fail. Didn't follow the rules.

Name
    Matt
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Hi Gang,

My first car was an auto KE70, stocks as a rock except for excel rims but it was off chops. I had it for 3 years and it took everything I could throw at it and still ran like she was brand new. Some of the best times I had with her was drifting the dirt tracks in serpentine and driving away without the mighty 4k missing a beat. The only thing that broke on it was the water pump, and the diff had a bit of a whine lol.

Only reason why I got rid of her (well I didn’t get rid of her as such) because it got yellowed for a blown park light and they reckon it leaked oil (it NEVER leaked oil). The mighty KE70 is now being built as a drift car with a dardy RB30 in it .

I now drive a panda AE86! Which is the best. Car. EVER.

Attachment 18022Attachment 18023

Veteran
    Name
    Jake
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Had my T18 for a year now, originally bought a st141 corona which started me on the road to 80's toyota, but the corona was albit dodgy, fixed it up and sold it off for a profit. Then whilst still on my L's began looking for a ke70/ae86 but an ae86 was a bit much for a first year apprentice, so kept looking for a ke70 but wanted a 2 door so kept looking and found the T18 down near Byron, saw some pictures drove 2 hours to have a look at it and it was love So I put down a deposit and that was that!!! Came back 2 weeks later and picked it up drove back to brissy and didn't miss a beat!

Brought it to work and fixed up a few little things and got it registered the day before I did my driving test, passed and it was the first car I had ever driven by myself was a special day, haha. Then started to mod it a bit, got some new wheels has had a few different wheels actually then the other usual mods, and now is nearly to my satisfaction just want to get this awful rust removed then a nice fresh coat of paint.

All in all its given me a little bit of trouble as any 30 year old car would, have only just got it back from being off the road for 3 months and I missed every minute of not driving it!! I love my car and love every minute of driving it, it may not be the fastest car in the world but I wouldn't give it up for anything!!!

Name
    Blair
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Default The Circle of Life.

Went to a mates house at a ripe young age of 17. only had my licence for a couple of months with 1000 shmackos in the bank.

Got dropped off at a mates place where he was restoring some wheels for his beige ke70:

I asked, "what other cool cars do they fit on"

He replied "AE86's..."

After 20 minutes on carsales and clearing my bank account, i was driving this rig home:

It then became an addiction, that consumed my every dollar and minute for quite some time.

At it's peak it looked a little like this:

And enabled me to enjoy such moments as this:

Where we end up back at the start of the storey, because the mate who was polishing his xr4's 3 years ago was now in the black s13 sneezing at my drivers door @ Queensland raceway

To be continued...
    Last edited by blair; 5th May 2011 at 07:30 PM. Reason: couple of silly html tags!

Name
    Adam
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I'm gonna start by blaming my malaysian mates from uni for me addiction & that i hate pt cruisers and anyone who drives them.

Anyways about that later... Mid way through first year uni i decided my POS spec laser would not cut it any more, so i started to look at cheap nimble sporty cars old supra's, datto 510's, silvias etc anything cheap and kinda nimble that i could one day race.

My malaysian mate used to get Video option dvd's etc from japan and one night he ending up showing me initial d. Like every other fanboy who cant admit it, this was my hook into 86's. After watching the whole of session 1 i was addicted and determined to get my takumi car.

Shortly afterward looking for a cheap 86, i was driving to see a mate and i was a stock clean blue ae86 sitting on the side of the road. The car has a shitty cardboard sign taped to the rear windown "FOR SALE $3200 w/ REG & RWC. I called the number and a chick in her 30' picked up the phone.She was the second owner of the car, her parents gave her a much newer hand me down barina so she wanted to get rid of the 86.

I gave her the my life story about being a first year student and how i could only afford $1500. Next day i dropped off a deposit and told her i would pay her the balance the next week.

I didnt know it but the car was advertised in the trading post and nearly every one i knew on the forum talking about how a cheap sprinter for sale and how the chick had sold it for cheap. Nearly 20 people called her and offered her the full amount and she refused (thank you for honest people).

The next week i got the remaining dollars and convinced a mate to drive me down in his fully stock daewoo lanos to pick up my car. When we got there to pick up the car we drove past just and had to rip a u-turn, as we did this a PT cruiser t-boned the lanos and spun us around nearly clipping another 3 cars (which we didn't thank God). When we got out the lanos resembled a banana and my head kinda hurt. We sorted it out with the police, the tow truck driver and the pt cruiser driver who was staring and his 50 y.o. wifes tits and did not see us. We eventually walked across the road paid the chick the balance for the car and drove straight from their to the hospital to get my head checked out as it ended up being a nasty knock to the head.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	before.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	134.0 KB 
ID:	18120 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pidewoo 008.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	106.7 KB 
ID:	18119

To this day i still have the car...
    Last edited by oz_eight6; 7th May 2011 at 11:26 PM.

Name
    Jacob
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

fell in love with ke70's when my friend first got his p plates he had a red slant front with a 5k in it
    he picked me up and we went for a trip to the gold coast, we did loops, ran over witches hats, raced some guy in a mustang, was the most fun i'd had in a car ever so i decided i had to go buy one.

Few months later i ended up getting a 3tc ke70 which i drove without rego a lot and learned how to work on cars. Then got a ke70 wagon for $350 off a dying old lady (which ended up cooking a 4k and getting parted cause it was too rusty) bought a ke70 panelvan from some old guy in Grafton that was doing up a hot pink mini cooper. Crashed that then ended up eventually buying my currently car which is a Blacktop 20v ke70. Way too much money spent on all of them and way too much fun had.

Name
    Daniel
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

First experience was driving to the local mcDonalds one night with a friend cause he was hungry, we drive through the car park and I spot all these jap cars.

We stop, and I start looking around and spot this panda ae86 in one corner. I'd never seen a panda in aid before and start checking it out.

The owner comes up and says hello, and we start talking to him about it, we talked for ages and my mate decided to go and get food.

The owner offers to take me for a spin up a certain old highway and I couldn't resist!

The window tint was so dark I couldn't see what was inside, all the other cars get ready and he says it's time to go.

He opens the door and I'm greeted by a cage, no sound deadening, half a dash and 2 fixed back seats, which was a shock as I'd never been in a car with any of this at that age.

He starts it up and I hear the now unmistakeable sound of a 4age with itb's, and it's loud!

We head off towards our destination and the noise is amazing, so much louder than any of the other cars, and it was quick too.

We get to the start of this stretch of road and we are signaled to the front to lead.

We then went off into the night through this twisty road, the sound was amazing, the car felt like a go cart and just went wherever it was pointed.

We did the entire length of road and then stopped, had a chat and then headed back towards the mcdonalds.

When we go back I thanked the owner for opening my eyes and from that point I fell in love with the ae86 and the 4age.

I went out with him in that car a few more times before an unfortunate incident caused the death of that particular panda.

That was back in 06, and now in 2010 I have an ae71 with plans for a 4age with itb's.

Still see the old owner occasionally too

Will try and find pictures from my old phones, think I also have a video.

Cheers,

Dan

Name
    Jake
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

my first time ever going in on was going back few months ago ( yes i know only a few months ago but no one i knew owned one and i was looking to buy one for the past 3 years but now im a happy owner of one but yes back to my story! )

my mate called me up and asked what i was doing i was probably dreaming about owning a 86 and he asked me if i wanted to come out cause him and this person he wouldnt tell me were going out for a slide ( was raining and about 3am in the morning no cops out ) so was just like yeah stuff it i will continue on dreaming about the 86 when i get back from a sesh!

he picks me up in is s14 and we kicking back waiting for this person he wouldnt tell me about and all of a sudden i hear this car just pinging off its head getting closer and closer and i know my sounds of cars and i looked at my mate and said bull shit who has a 86!!!!

so this 86 comes around this corner full lock and skates out of it and im like awww i have to meet this guy!!

(lucky the driver didnt hear me say that)

the driver jumps out and im like hang on WHAT THE HELL its a chick no way i had to ask my mate nah that wasnt her driving!! so i jump out of the s14 like it was some heap of shit an my eyes were just glued to this 86 so beautiful the body slammed deep dishes and aww i wanted it!!

so i had to ask what any 86 lover would ask "please can you take me for a drive" not only did she take me for a drive for half the night i ditched my mate in the s14 and stayed in the 86 drifting the streets and i dont think i had smiled for such a long time ever in my life i didnt even get to know her name until i got out and i snapped out of what i thought was a dream!

and that was my first time in a 86 and it will be for ever in my mind and now i cant wait till mines on the road!!!!!!!!!!!

Name
    Wade
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

(Thought i would try a different way to pass on my first experience)

my first experience with a 86 by Waddles

I wanted a house so to save some money,
    i went to my girl a want a 86 honey,

My mates 86 was up for sale,
    I was selling my V8 i had to bail,

My mate took me for a drive in his 86,
    It was awesome and i got the fix,

It was fast and it was loud,
    It could fly up into the cloud,

After that i had to have it,
    No car on road could beat it,

A problem my V8 not sold,
    I had to go for gold,

I few weeks later i was torn,
    My mate tells we the 86 is gone,

A year later i was getting my castle,
    And i knew now i had to hustle,

I found a 86 for sale not far,
    So i went and bought that car,

Yay a 86 in my life i happy,
    everyone else thought it was crappy,

With many years and a lot of fun,
    10 years later it was time to move on,

Goodbye 86 i will miss you,
    Its all good i will see you,

Its been passed on to a 86 lover,
    Lucky its my mate enjoy brother.

-----END---

Thanls for reading my attempt at a poem hahaha
    Last edited by Waddles; 9th May 2011 at 10:17 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast