Stern but now fucked off...
    Name
    Nick
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Default AE86DC May Competition

Welcome to the AE86DC May 2011 competition... (we are going to run a competition every month)

There will be FOUR prizes given away by the end of this week !

1st Place - AE86DC Gildan Hoodie
    2nd Place - AE86DC Gildan T-Shirt
    3rd Place - AE86DC (retro) Beanie
    4th Place - AE86DC Acrylic Keyring

To enter, you must reply to this thread with a short story about your first experience with an AE86 or xE7x. Corolla The story must be true and not fictional, but extra points will be given to those who manage to make it interesting or those who post a photo that is relevant to their story!

You have until Saturday the 7th of May to enter.

I will pick the best four stories and post out the prizes on Monday the 9th of May.

Cheers

Nick

Name
    Jake
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I went passenger in my mates ordinary ke70 to discover it had go-kart like handiling and some sweet sweet induction from a twin webered 5k. I jizzed in my pants, jizz jizz jizz in my pants!

And because of that I am a member of this site and since have discovered the awesomeness that is the *e6*/ *e7* chassis

Behold said go-kart

Name
    Mathew
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

the first time i ever seen a ke70 was in the Woolworths car park in Caringbarh a friend of mine owned it it was red and black two tone the shittest paint work you have ever seen the funny thing was he used to take the thing off moto jumps and the thing was bent like a banana the doors barley shut the thing was noticeabley bent i fell in love with the shape fr layout for skids rack and pinion sussy and sprung all round from there my love for the e7x fell into the ae86 now i love em all when i saved up a bit of money and found the wright one i bought my own witch i have had for almost 5 years and has gone through many stages in its life i love it and would rather wright it off then sell it

don't have a pic of the shitter one but mine is all over my build thread
    the dyno pull to 300rwkw

BT20v is making 300rwkw like i said i would without nitrous so now its time for some spray and see if she will run a 10s or less

Name
    Brendan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

it all started at the honda dealership i was working at, one of the mechanics bought a rustbucket ae86, told me he wanted to sell it, my cousin came to mind as he had just sold his motorbike so i hooked him up to buy it.

i drove the car a few times and just had to have one, so i then bought my own 16v powered 86 off this forum back in 2005 and been a member ever since, trolled for info and posted my own as the project went on and ended up with a 180rwhp n/a monster and here i am
    MY JZX83 (clicky)
    My Beams Powered AE86 SOLD (clicky)

Quote Originally Posted by destroyer View Post
    Too bad im in the same town as dr1ft-p1g im pretty sure his mx83 is the coolest.

Name
    Danzo
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Once upon a time, There was a family that owned a trusty steed of an AE71, complete with a MR T toyota dealership sticker on the dash, now this family had decided to downgrade to a Holden Apollo and offered it to yours truly for the princely sum of $100 (143.46 Deutschmark). I rapidly dispatched to the bank and appropriated the dollars, as I was in desperate need of a car (I had rolled my 120y into a guard rail and the police didnt like the fact that the doors didnt line up with the chassis anymore).
    Once the transaction was complete, I drove around for a while, hating the fact that i was driving a shitbox corolla while all my friends had sweet rides like kingswoods and VL 5 speeds with nismo stickers, until one fateful night when I accidentally ventured down a dirt road, from there things would never be the same again. I started toying with the ideas of modifying the corolla, first the chopped springs, then the locker, then one day i decided to service it and replace the 350,000km old oil, this is where things took a turn for the worst, the fresh oil did a worse job of lubricating than the old vegemite that was in there, causing a dreadful bottom end knock and eventual not working of the motor, stranded on the side of the road, I whistled for a cab and when it came near the
    License plate said "fresh" and had a dice in the mirror
    If anything I could say that this cab was rare
    But I thought nah, forget it, yo homes to Bel-air!

I pulled up to a house about seven or eight
    And I yelled to the cabby "Yo, homes smell you later!"
    Looked at my kingdom I was finally there
    To sit on my throne as the prince of Bel-air
    DTF - Danzo Technical Factory

Name
    Mereki
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i fell in love with ae86's at first when watching alot of japanese videos, then i meet sonny (SONSTA) through tafe and saw his ke70. the simplicity of the car and how good it looked made me fall in love with this four door sedan, ever since then i always wanted one, so looked for ages to find the right one. the funny thing about it was i never even thought of drifting it, i just loved the 80's toyota styling of car. the ae86 will always be my favorite but with the ke70, i loved the fact that its a four door and i can forclaim "family drift status"

~KEEP DRIFTING FUN~

Veteran
    Name
    Adan
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

My first experience with an ae86 was when I was in year 8 (roughly 9 years ago). One of the senior guys had this old beat up corolla looking thing that he drove to school, it had some random blue bumper on it, and primer on most panels. He used to rip mad single leggers up the road and pretty much drive it like he didnt care. I had no idea what it was, except that it said sprinter on one of the taillights, and it looked awesome

Clearly everyone else drooled over the integras and crx's that the other guys had, but for some reason I knew that I'd own a sprinter one day.

From there I just googled stuff and tried to find out more about it. Being in year 8, everyone else was pretty obsessed with hot 4s and all the auto salon style cars were huge at that time. I found an old magazine which had a red sprinter with the plates 'DOHC', that was pretty much my inspiration for what I dreamt of having.

From there througout school I found more and more stuff online. I actually joined on the old ae86dc forums in year 12. My year 12 artwork was actually a pop art style print of the origin ae86. I had photos of it on the old forums i think.
    Then I finished school, got a job and went through quite a few cars because at the time an ae86 was reasonably expensive.

My first car was a T18, and after I got rid of that, I knew sooner or later Id finally get an ae86.
    A couple of years (and lots of cars) later, I had the chance to get one, and now its in the garage. I probably wont keep it forever, but theres just something about which makes me like it so much.

Name
    Tyler
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

hooning through the shire with a few mates on petrol scooters we ended up in tarenpoint flying down this long road taking in the sceneary i noticed a rather striking yet rat rodish car it looked cool sat low, matt black in couler with these dished wheels red centres it was cool ii didnt know what it was or who owned it but it was awesome..about a week later a mate and i were once again honking around on these scooters we were back in tarenpoint waiting to cross a set of lights when we hear this car getting the shit reved out of to make it around the corner and through the lights it was the car staring at it as it came around the lights and exited sideways we gave a cheer and the driver loved it. after riding back and forth past the house where this car was parked the owner was out the front so we pulled up for a chat

turned out the car was a ke70 corolla and the guy who owned it was beau yates brother well a few nights later he took us for a spin and the minuete i got home i began searching and reading up all i could on these ke's it was over a year i trolled through forumsa dn the internet looking up these cars then a mate of myn bought one it was a rust bucket (really bad) but even so i liked it when i told my dad i wanted one he laughed and said why the f@*k would you want one of them there nothing but rust boxs....for months i asked and asked and finnaly he said if your going to buy one of those shit boxs as your first car the thing better not have one spec of rust it better be the best you will ever find ....so the search was on and eventually one poped up it looked tidy but was in canberra at a car yard so i called up the car yard it was at and asked if i could send my mate down to have a look the guy said no problems how about i take it to him so he did he drove it down to mates shop fitzpatrick speed works and my mate aaron took it for a spin it was wet apparently that day and after some angled action he took it back went over the car and called me and said he couldnt find any rust and it was pritty clean shortly followed by an explosive "buy it" so i sold my petrol scooter for a fair quid ....and a week later i got off the bus from school and it was sitting in my front yard .....................now i spend every dollar on it and am broke most of the time due to this problem but its all fun

my ke ...so far
    Last edited by 70rolla; 2nd May 2011 at 10:40 PM.

Name
    Ry
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I used to be really into VL commodores when I was young and didn't know any better. I had already picked out my first car, a blue VL that was my dad's friends. Was really close to buying it a couple times actually.
    When I was 14 I was given a rusty old flat front KE70 wagon with a four speed. I put a new water pump on it, cut the exhaust at the diff and proceeded to do third gear fishtails in the paddock. It was this rusty old corolla that taught me the basics of car control, how to do handbrake entries, how to use weight to get the ass out, and over all it just gave me the most fun a 14 year old kid could have. I was a bit of a hell raiser in those days and when my friend's discovered I had a car they all wanted me to sneak out at night and pick them up and cruise the streets. Being eager to please I did exactly that. The hardest task was pushing the car away from the house so I didn't wake my mother (no exhaust= FUCKOFF LOUD)
    So there I was, being the coolest kid out in my rusted out unregistered KE70 wagon with no exhaust, waking the whole city up at 2am. This was all cool until one night when I was driving on a windy dirt road with a friend. Handbraked into a corner at like 70KMH and proceeded to get beached on a massive gutter. If it wasn't for a random passerby in a hilux I would have been slaughtered by my mother. That was the last night I went out.
    Said corolla has since been sold to a friend for $100, who then put it into a tree. Poor thing
    I then stumbled across this site and my love for Japanese 80's cars started.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobxxx View Post
    I will legitimately drive nude...

Name
    reggin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

My interest in ae86's started when I used to watch HPI and later
    on option DVDs as a young teen. From there I fell I'n love with them, religiously
    watched initial D and D1 rounds that I could find off the net. A few years went by and by chance at work I met a skinny redhead kid who when I asked what car he owned replied Toyota ae86. I paused, thinking wait, did this kid just say what I think he said? Anyway turns out that this skinny kid who is now one of
    my closest mates had a trueno coupe, and two Levins. My first experience with the car would have been going passenger in it for a short session. At that
    Moment, the noise, the feel and the smell all made me realise I had to have one. So I began to save up and look for a clean shell about two years ago, and eventually found the Adm levin that I now own. While my experience with the car has been both good and bad, there are a whole bunch of people that I've met and become
    Friends with through owning and sliding the car that I wouldn't trade for a second. I intend to either write off the car or hand it down to my kids (if/when I have some), but I will never sell it. Simply means too much to me, and don't think I could handle someone else owning it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast