Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: OniKyan's Thread... Euro, BMW, JDM, Racing, Hip Hop, Random Jargon

Name
    Daniel
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

[B]Prime - Good Morning

Solid album. The production is tight and Prime is, as always, on point.

It's free to download, sign up and the link will be sent in a confirmation email.

Name
    Dan/Rio
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

i swear i drove past that section of the city where that pic was taken about 10 times in the last week.

Quote Originally Posted by ae86 View Post
    ive come to the conclusion dan has more STi's than a Subaru Dealership, yeah i went there

Name
    Daniel
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

You were in Adelaide last week? That's Hindmarsh Square, (Pulteney and Grenfell street), facing North towards the Uni.

Name
    Daniel
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

A Formal Introduction to "Crunchy Bleach".

Name
    Brenton
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

not bad......not bad
    adm ae86 now one hell of a project
    ae71 small project

Name
    Daniel
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Name
    Daniel
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

The BMW E30, an iconic and increasingly popular shape amongst petrol enthusiasts today. You have your purist, M3 driving type, then you have the half arsed modders who reckon an exhaust and some $500 wheels make your car the business, then you have people like Alexander Williams and his Old man, who are the ones behind the creation of this 413rwhp European perfection.

The following is what Alex had to tell us about the life of the E30.

“Where do I start haha. I grew up with my old man and his love for old school cars, this showed me the way to purchase a xy at the age of 15 in 2007. In early 2008 came to the conclusion of that I would not be able to daily the car so the search of a cheap and east car had started. I wanted a ke70 but they seemed to be the in thing at the time. The car needed to be little 4cyl, cheap yet able to play with. After alot of searching around I decided I wanted and e30. Later that day I posted on Boost cruising(out of all places) a wanted to buy add for an e30. A now good friend of mine and mini nutcase Sam Goodson spoke up of a e30 in his backyard he was to lazy to fix. So I got the old man in the car and next thing it was home. I drove the car for a year and thought i really do like these so it was time to sell up the falcon and invest in a project.

After I sold the falcon I made the choice of wanting an e30 coupe to either buy half down or build from ground up how I want it and nothing else. I found a sr20 e30 for sale so once again the old man and I jumped in the car and had a look. The car turned out to be pretty straight forward but for what it was, it was over priced and the owner was not willing to compromise so we had the idea of building one and this is what its come to. I found a shell locally in December 2009 and then the long haul begun. It started out little and simple and a matter of a 1yr was spoken about. This soon blew out of proportion.

The car turned out to a nearly two year project with alot of doubt from people of actually finishing it, with myself even listing it as a part out EOI for a matter for 3 hours then thinking what the hell am I doing. So I powered on with the build and glad I did.

The body work got all sorted during 2010 and then was painted on Christmas day 2010 and we then set a goal of making Drift Matsuri 2011 at Queensland raceway. This was where my bank started hating me. Anything and everything that could be brought new was. We learned the hard way the poor man pays twice so buying new was just easier. The amount of time over weekend and week nights spent got to the point of myself loosing sleep over if this was done or that was done or was this tight. If we didn’t make the date it wasn’t like we didn’t try.

Up to the week before Matsuri the car was looking well on track, until work informed me I had to fly to Sydney and not return until the Friday night. I told my old man not to contact me about any dramas with the car as i needed to focus on work. This still didn’t help me keep focus, all that goes through your head is whats happening, will I make it, was it done right, will it last or will it break! So I fly in Friday night and get into the car and drive home. I drive in only to find my car on a trailer all ready and packed for a weekend which turned out to be the best weekend in the car community I’ve had/seen. The car got tuned on the Friday afternoon at midday making 413rwhp and it scared the living daylights out of me. The first time I drove it was around qr pits at 8pm on the Friday night with a lovely night sky upon us, only to wake up to bucketing down rain. Let me be the first to say, light car with horsepower in the rain is never a fun thing however I loved every moment I had. the relief the car is done and no more hassle and money has to be spend for a while was a good feeling but the satisfaction of completing such a long and different build to what we are used to was nothing shy of amazing, yes there was a lot of fighting, blood, sweat and tears but in the end that feeling you get words can’t describe it.

The car lasted all weekend with only a broken harmonic balancer late on Saturday afternoon and a broken axle early Sunday morning. We finished up the day around 3pm with nothing but smiles and the thought of we made Matsuri 2011. I guess a big factor in the build process of the car was that we did everything here at home, from panel work to paint to cooler piping to half cage. My father can do alot more then just mow the lawn and cook a good BBQ and I thank him so very much for the time and effort. Since Matsuri the car has been taken to a Friday night practice and still had no issue but broke another axle. The car is currently registered however is rocking a rear plate and will be driven on the road once i’m 100% comfortable with how the car performs and being legal to drive it, given i’m only 19, haha. So this is pretty much my last 4 year story and how Ive got the car where it is today.

MOTOR:
    1j non vvti
    Motec 48 pro
    Motec Ignition expander pack
    Motec brand new loom and sensors
    3x bosch ignitors
    6x Bosch coils
    Tuned at 16psi with 20psi boost cut.After market exhaust manifold
    After market intake plenum
    Custom cam covers -10 fittings welded on
    800 or 880cc injectors( forget which size but sard)
    Hks 3037 turbo
    Hybrid 400x300x75 cooler
    SR Alloy rad
    Two 10″ thermos
    Hks 50mm external gate with screamer (16 psi spring)
    One piece stainless cooler pipe each side.
    Prorflow silicone hose
    Stainless rad hoses
    Catch can with all braided line.
    Hks pod
    Hks bov
    Motor was fully cleaned including 99% of alloy sand blasted and most items powder coated black.
    Gates racing belts(main and timing belt)
    Hks cam gears
    Areomotive fuel pressure reg

GEARBOX:
    Brand new os giken twin plate clutch rebuild from npc with pull to push convertor.
    Recoed r154
    3″ tail shaft made by driveline services

DIFF:
    Full recoed e30 meduim case lsd running 3.46:1 gears
    6cyl axles (keep breaking them though)

FUEL:
    40L fuel cell foam filled
    Holley blue lift pump
    2.5L surge tank
    Bosch 044 feed pump
    All fuel line is 100 series high pressure braided line in -6
    Numerous speedflow fittings throughout the car

BODY:
    1986 BMW e30 coupe shell
    Mtech 1 full kit; front bar, side skirts, rear bar & boot lip
    Flared metal gaurds front and rear
    Full respray in fiat gun metal grey in 2pac (clear over base)
    Delete side indicators on gaurd
    Custom rear tail lights, orange indicators made red
    Smoked front lights with angle eyes
    All new grille’s and badges
    All side moulding painted black in 2pac
    All chrome trim around the windows painted in 2pac black
    Mercedes benz pre-delivery tow hook modified to fit
    Smoked front indicators
    Spare wheel well welded up

BRAKES:
    e32 v8 hydraulic booster (changing to vh44 in boot)
    Reco’ed 6cyl front and rear brakes with new green stuff pads(wilwood 295mm front and rear kit in the post)
    Wilwood hydraulic hand brake
    -4 100 series braided brake lines, all the way to the back of the car.

WHEELS&TYRES:
    BBS rs 16″ wheels that were reco’ed with legit bbs lips and flat caps from germany. They were 4×114.3 and redrilled tp 4×100 by Dr wheels on the gold coast.
    The front has a massive wheel of 16×9.5 -12.5
    While the rear is happily supporting a 16×10 -/+ 0 with a 20mm spacer making it 16×10 -20

Im a big fan of Kumho and have nothing bad to say about this tyres ‘
    The tyres are Kumho ku31.
    The front has a 205/45/16 on a 9.5″
    The rear has a 215/40/16 on a 10″
    Roy at bosman wholesale tyres at archifield did an amazing job fitting the tyres with me paranoid in the corner about them getting scratched.

SUSPENSION:
    The front consists of ae86 cusco weld on sleeve kit on a 51mm 6cyl front strut with 10kg springs
    Short stroke inserts(unsure of brand works amazing)
    HSD universal camber plates
    Rebuild power steering rack, will be chaning to a manual rack for better feel in my opinion.
    Rear was converted to a straight coilover. The strut towers were rewelded and strengthend for support.
    Rear strut brace
    rx7 fc3s front coilovers with modified top hats to suit the rear with 8kg springs

INTERIOR:
    Half stripped and resprayed in white 2 pac
    Half cage powder coated red to match tow hooks
    Factory dash, console, glove box and door trim’s painted in black vinyl spray
    Black floor carpet
    No heater or fan or aircon
    Full Defi white series dash, this includes water temp, oil temp, exhaust temp, oil pressure, fuel pressure, tacho and boost gauge while useing a defi 2 control box.
    2011 Sparco 368 wheel (380mm)
    2011 Sparco 4 point harness’s black
    2011 Sparco evo seats black
    NZKW seat rails
    Push to start button
    Snap-on screw driver handle for a gear lever
    Snap-on double ended ring spanner for the hydraulic handbrake lever
    modified factory hand brake(before hydro was introduced)

Would have been nice to see it with the BMW M30B35 he was contemplating on but it's still dope. 1JZ just makes so much sense.

Last edited by OniKyan; 22nd November 2011 at 09:32 PM.

Name
    Brenton
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

that rat rod is my desktop at the moment how good is that photo
    adm ae86 now one hell of a project
    ae71 small project

Name
    Daniel
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

It gives me funny ideas. Pretty easy to get 1,000-2,000hp from some of those Turbo Cummins motors.

Veteran
    Name
    Ben
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

QLD BMW is really nice.

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast