Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: what do you guys think of these proposed laws?

Name
    Sam
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

we being the general public, not limited to the car scene,
    should start a committee called FTP...i have no doubt that people will hop on board
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzo View Post
    nah I cbf with NS, its full of timewasting jewlords

Name
    Dave
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

what about the new on the spot defect fines? $120 for minor $250 for major, now thats bullshit.

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

They've already got cameras they dump like 100-200m up the road from themselves and in that time it will check if the car is registered/stolen/whatever so they can pick you up then and there...

not saying it wont be used as an excuse, but I doubt its actually an issue

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby86 View Post
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    Bonnie
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

With the new technology you may even be less likely to be pulled over if the car is regoed. The cameras can scan i think like 5 numberplates in one second.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Name
    Luke
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

totally rad hey, giving someone with zero mechanical knowledge the ability to cost you hundreds merely on suspicion of defect.

Will they undergo further training to increase mechanical knowledge - NO WAY

Will they make more instant cash from this effort - OF COURSE

Name
    Bonnie
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Raising the age of drivers is not the solution. Driver education is seriously lacking and THIS is the problem! I was recently in nearly a head on collision at an intersection because a young girl thought a green light meant she had the right of way to cross over the intersection, even though I was traveling in a straight line through it. After she had written off both of our cars she scramed at me that she had the right of way, she then argued this with a Police officer who attended.
    Who are the people that are issuing these people with drivers lisences in the first place??

Young people aren't the total issue, most of our parents just paid to get their lisences without much or any testing. The amount of middle aged people who have no idea how to use a two lane roundabout is terrifying. If you want to cut the amount of traffic accidents there needs to be manditory re-testing courses every 10 years and more frequently after the age of 70.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Name
    Jamie
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Driver education is THE big problem....or lack of it! Also police enforcement of drivers skills.....again or lack of it. EVERY drive I go on I see countless acts of stupidity, even the f*ck knuckle that pulled out of a sidestreet without even looking into the side of my car! tailgaters, people not indicating, I could go on, yet the police enforce defects etc there has to be a serious change in the attitude of Adelaide drivers(which I consider the worst in the country).

The problem I see with young people and modern cars is this, when you see an accident on the news involving a near new car and a young driver it is usually always catastrophic, in that the car is completely and utterly f*cked! I believe it has to do with a number of factors but this in particular, when I learnt to drive the cars were slow, even a modified car was very slow in comparison to a modern standard new commodore or falcon, my skill level was also low, so my cars would slide/lose grip at low speeds etc, the gap between my skill level and the level of the car were close, but nowadays the ability of the car is substantially different, the skill level of the young driver is about the same I had, but they now have a car with ABS, DSC, TRAC CONTROL etc etc, and when the car does exceed it's limits THERE IS NO HOPE of the driver getting it back.

Keep watching the news and watch for accidents involving younger drivers and near new cars(few years old) the accidents are nearly always catastrophic, cars completely ripped in two or not even identifiable.

but typical of our police/government they keep enforcing harsher and harsher fines without actually addressing the problem, they keep pushing an agenda that has proven to not work, for the last 30 years or so they keep pushing the same mantra and it's NOT working, time to have a re think.
    Hachiroku since 1994

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedSpirit View Post
    When i grow up I wanna be just like Uncle Frak Frak.

Name
    Bonnie
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Driver attitude is another massive issue. Speaking in generalities IMO: Women don't know the rules but drive like they're always right, Men know the rules yet choose to disregard them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2