Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: God Hates Australia

Name
    mark
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

good point. hitlers view were based on darwinistic theory. that being natural selection(the survival of the fittest). the fittest being the aryian race and therefore removing the lesser races(jews, blacks etc)

Name
    Brad
    State
    Vic
    Country
    Australia

Not for me mate, keep your psychotic genocidal maniac god to yourself.

Name
    Marko
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

dude there is going to be crazy people saying shit here and there wether we like it or not.
    religion is a weird one though. it's almost an excuse these days-"oh there just religious"

i find it funny that if you tell someone don't touch that bench because the paint is wet, they go up to it and touch it to make sure, but for some reason so many people believe in and dedicate their lives to various religions without hesitation or proof.

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

As far as I know Darwin never stated Aryan's as being the strongest race, nor the jews/blacks being the lesser race.

Evolution is proven science, not a made up story, and religious crap shouldn't be even compared.

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I'm not an atheist. I have my own beliefs, but none of them involve a single deity or creator. I believe in evolution, however I would also consider myself somewhat spiritual. I'm not saying you're wrong for believing in something, I'm saying religion is wrong for telling you what to believe in.

Life is a constant flow - a progression - a cycling ouroboros (snake eating its own tail) of self dependance. Organized religion is a stagnant set of rules, regulations and parameters. You think about it. The very baseline of life is the very opposite of what organized religion stands for.

Name
    mark
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

for hundreds of years the church has said to believe this and do that cos we know better. it says it in the bible. but if you try to read the bible, translate the bible or even owned a bible you were delt with harshly. cos you dont need to know what it says.we know.so trust us
    now days we have the scientist whos says believe this (the theory of evolution, global warming)and do that cos we know better. and if you ask for proof your delt with harshly. cos you dont need proof. were smarter than you. so trust us

Name
    Dan/Rio
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

what is this, the religion thread/religion vs evolution thread?

this thread should be deleted. its by far off-topic, definately not general automotive. its just gonna cause a massive fight.

Quote Originally Posted by ae86 View Post
    ive come to the conclusion dan has more STi's than a Subaru Dealership, yeah i went there

Zeitgeisssst!

Name
    Andrew
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

on the other hand. We take faith in science the same way other people have faith in religion...

We are TOLD how science is proven but does anyone really know EXACTLY how the laws of the universe work? no... we just take it on face value because some "scientist" said so.... The same way religious people accept religion, someone else said so and they believed them.

I'm don't believe in religion but i don't believe people should be outcast for their opinions or beliefs... last i checked this is a free country, ppl can think what ever they want. However i reserve the right to call them crazy sometimes

Veteran
    Name
    Dave
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i have been wondering how long it it will take for a thread like this to come up.

now first things first

i am a christian. i belive god is real, and he made the heavens and the earth. i belive that jesus christ is real and is gods son. i belive that the holy spirit is real and it is this holy spirit that changes me (if i dont resist).i belive that the bible is gods word and instructions to us. i belive that at the begining of the world the world was perfect and exactly how god has intended it. god is perfect and cannot sight sin. god is also just and gave his creation (us) a choice. we can either choose to follow him, or we can choose to not to. unfortunately we being humans decided to go the wrong way (eating the apple off the tree in the perfect garden). this brought sin into the world. from then on sin seperated us from god. untill...as cilnton has already said...jesus (gods only son) came to earth and died on a cross to take the penalty of the sin in our lives. and if we ask him (yes its only a request) he will take all our sins away so that the lord god will see us just as we are, with no sin. and once this has occured we will live in heaven for eternity, but if we choose not to then....well....its not so pleasant.

thus it is this sin, that has seperated us from god, and thus "the world" as it is sorta left to its own devices, and natural disasters do occur. i do not understand it fully.

what clinton said about the difference between punishment and discipline is an excelent point. there are many storys in the bible (yes i belive the bible is the word of god) that tell of god trying to get people back on track, with natural disasters, but they just didnt listen. i dont think much has changed today.

what you have brought up (the subject) is a very touchy subject umung christianity, it is a very difficult thing to understand that if there is such a loving god, then why do "unloving" things happen so much, its something that i do struggle with alot.

now as for the point of the thread. bad things happening to good people. the other side of the story is. why do good things happen to bad people?

the fact is, in the eyes of god, we are all sinners (remmeber god hates sin, not the sinner) and we do not deserve anything from him, it his by his grace and mercy that he gives us what we do have. it is by his grace and mercy that he allows each and everyone of us to live each day, to have air to breath, to have food to eat, friendships, family. even cars to enjoy. and "money" to spend on them.

i do not have all the answers, christianity does not have all the answers. if we had all the answers we woudl be gods, and thankfully we arent or we would stuff it up big time. i have faith in god, and in the fact that he is all powerfull and incontrol, at times it might seem that he isnt (recent tragic events) and i do not understand these things, but the faith i have allows me to say god has it under control, he has the perfect plan, and although somtimes its hard to understand but everything that happends happends for the glory of god.

no all of this will makeno make alot of sense to someof you, as its a very brief outline, but its the best i can do in text. if anyone has any questions or would like to discuss any of this i am MORE than happy to discuss.

my prayers go out to all the people that have lost their lives or have loved ones that have, it is very tragic what has happened.
    Last edited by ke70dave; 19th February 2009 at 06:11 PM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast