you will wanna run a 195/50 over a 185/60 too. lol

Name
    Jacob
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Thanks Benzo

I'll keep this information jotted down somewhere. I'm not going to buy the works I was lookingat ... but I will later >

Name
    Tom
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

yeah, sorry, thought i read 14'. yeah go 195/50

Name
    Tim
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Did a quick search but didn't turn up anything. Anybody got any knowledge on how Work Equip I's or III's go with brake clearance? I've been keen for a set for a while but I need to clear R33 calipers at the front and I'm worrying about ordering a set online and finding they foul with the brakes or suspension. Or also if they have the extra holes drilled in the back to accommodate for wheels studs protruding past the ends of bolt on spacers? I couldn't find a diagram from Work anywhere on that.

Probably looking to run something around 8" wide, and I'd be aiming to be dead inline with the edge of the guards, but I don't know what specs people run for that? I'm at 9" +0 at the moment with about 10mm of poke, so I would assume -2.5 offset on an 8" would do something like what I'm after.

Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

just a heads up, these OLDER style wheels, watanabes, meshes for example, at the back of the face they are genially FLATFACE'd and will not clear big calipers, and R33 calipers poke out a lot compared to the 80s caliper designs..

so even though the RIM might clear the disc rotors, the caliper will hit the insides of the wheel before the wheel even touches the stud face.. so thats when you need spacers..

this is why its so hard to have big brakes with cool old skool wheels unless you have spacers

i know this doesnt really help you with your equip 3s, but its a clear sign that if they only make them with a flatface from the back then your going to need spacers to clear calipers..

Just FYI, when i had my brand new watanabes 15x8.5 -6 on my S13 with standard SR20det calipers, it didn't clear unless i shaved off quite a lot off the caliper where necessary...it didn't need to shave the caliper face but it had only about 3mm give or take from caliper touching the spokes on the watanabes
    dose

Gone
    Name
    Joel
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

The above that rice86 mentioned also is determined by the mounting location of your rotor and therefore your calliper.
    so each setup will differ, i got away with no spacer, outboard mounted rotor ( mounting face 7mm thick ) under 15" superlite with 298mm rotors, R33 callipers, (not using 86 struts btw)

Name
    Tim
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Thanks for the replies guys. I was mostly worried about caliper clearance yeah. At any rate, I'm having difficulty with my finding wheels that have enough brake clearance not to scrub but that aren't so aggressive that they poke too far out of the guards.

Might have to look into a set of superlites, since they were my next option!

Name
    Trent
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Yeah Tim the Work 01's need spacers. Exactly as Richard said, they have a flat rear surface even the spokes which is what hits.

Name
    Tim
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Thanks Trent, much appreciated. Maybe I'll grab a 25mm bolt on spacer and then a more positive offset, so I can add some distance between the face and the caliper.

Name
    Shannon
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

G'day Gents,

Am about to aquire a KE70 1983 model, and just have a quick question about wheel fitment. Now, from my research, this is the following i've come up with, and wouldn't mind some opinions.

Will a set of Rota Shakotans, in 15x8 +0 with a 195/45/15 fit, with XT130 LCAs and AE86 shocks?KE70 Strut tops?

Cheers,
    Shazza

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast