Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: upgrading to a more modern car.

Name
    Clinton
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

hyundai excels is where its at, comphy car to drive once you get used to it. good on fuel and its fair reliable too

FTP.
    Quote Originally Posted by svenmate View Post
    I love how all the SA boys get on board
    Quote Originally Posted by Konakid View Post
    im driving out there with new hydro setup
    Quote Originally Posted by myke90 View Post
    haha i have the exact same picture from when i got my sportmaxx lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    whats with the drift rings? i know they are just a novelty but do they represent or signify anything?

Name
    Mat
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

no way is excels where its at. they are the shittest car ever, every time you drive it you will notice something new thats broken and they fall apart in front of ur eyes. they're compact ff so u cant fix anything in the engine bay because its to inaccessible and if u have an automatic ur fukked takes like half a minute to change gears. i had one before my ke70 and its now sitting in the backyard waiting to get thrashed and burnt.

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

corona, spacy, comfy, air con, tape deck, slideable
    wheelfriends.wordpress.com

Name
    Andy
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

My daily for quite a while now has been a JZS147 Aristo. Big luxobarge with all the trimmings and a healthy 2JZGTE. Cost me $10.5k landed and complied, with I think 47,000km's on the clock. Fricken great car, definitely beats anything the local market can offer for the money. Put some HKS coilies in it, and have some 18's I'll be throwing on it when I can afford the tyres with my Rudd bonus, lol. Looks hot.

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I had a new getz as a hire car for about a week while my old car was being fixed. I was super surprised at how good it was. It was solid, had a good interior, good little (underpowered) motor, the steering wasn't dull and vague and overly light like a yaris or a jazz, the seats were great and it had full pwr windows and central locking.

Left a really good impression on me.

Name
    Andy
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

My gf's mum has a 2004 Getz. It's got 60,000km's and has had its gearbox replaced twice.

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Well they do pretty well in reliability surveys...

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

correction, they do well in cost of ownership surveys, my gfs friend has one, same deal gear box replaced, and its an auto. Not many modern autos should or do die in the ass.

I admit hyundai is getting better on a whole, but a getz is an economy box, so is yaris and jazz, go one step up, to civic, corolla etc and you are looking at some decent well made solid cars. You can get a second hand rolla, 04ish in really good condition with like 35k on the clock for under 12, which is what you pay for a new getz, i know what I would rather have.
    wheelfriends.wordpress.com

whatever u do, stay away from Hyundai n KIAs..they fall apart after 2 years.. even our crappy proton last longer than them
    Last edited by ae86runna; 5th March 2009 at 04:28 PM.

Name
    Marko
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

You'll never replace an ae86, but they suck balls as a daily (most anyways).
    My wrx is a killer car to drive around, looks/power/grip/comfort but i havent driven it for about a year and a half, to be honest i dont like the bad attention anymore. I'd rather cruise around under the radar and not have to worry if i'll make it into this driveway or it there is a cop around the corner etc
    I've driven ALOT of new car ranging from the usual jap stuff to ever car in the bmw range as well as holdens/madza/honda etc. best car out of the lot and my next car is a 4.4 X5. i'll probably get ripped for this but the car from the factory has everything you'll ever need in a car minus a fridge, crazy power for a suv and bullshit comfort. it even handles and tows well lol. i'd get the escalade i drove around LA for 3 weeks but i dont have 180k lol (fuck australia with our taxes and shit-there like 60k in the states)

but seriously any car you buy for around 30k these days will have everything you want with comfort, enough power, warranty etc. i was actually hugely impressed with the new sv6 60th anniversary ute i drove the other week.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast