Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: upgrading to a more modern car.

Name
    Matt
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

I have had a few.. Gx81, currently S14. I think the thing I miss the most about driving the 86 all the time is its unique sound and handling. Just the package that it is some how is perfect in its own little world. The sound and feeling/feedback is something else, even if it is slow.

I'm currently rebuilding mine back into a nice comfortable daily that can comfortably hit the track or a skid pan day. Then I will probably sell my S14

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

"The results of this year’s Which? reliability report are out and for the second year running Hyundai vehicles have been classed as Excellent.

The survey was compiled from 34,277 questionnaires, which were completed by randomly chosen Which? readers who own a car of up to eight years old. Questions were based around the customers’ experiences over the last 12 months and concentrated on the three main aspects of reliability: breakdowns, faults and niggles.

Hyundai was rated Excellent overall by Which? readers in the first section of the survey.

The second section of the survey concentrated on new car breakdowns and analysed the reliability of vehicles up to two years old and how they have performed in the last 12 months.

Results showed that 32% of new car owners can expect a fault in the first two years of ownership and 6% can expect to endure a breakdown – but not if you own a Hyundai Getz.

Hyundai’s supermini has once again proved its worth by achieving 100% reliability, beating the likes of the Ford Fiesta and Nissan Micra; heavyweights in the supermini sector. The Getz is Hyundai Car (UK) Ltd’s biggest seller with 9,529 units having already been sold this year."

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

"Among the most reliable cars was Hyundai's Getz, Mazda's 3 and Toyota's Corolla and Corolla Verso models."

"The manufacturers ranked as excellent this year were: Honda, Hyundai, Lexus, Mazda, Toyota and Suzuki."

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

"The two closely related South Korean nameplates, Hyundai and Kia, rank right up there with the better Japanese makers."

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

your stretching with some of those
    wheelfriends.wordpress.com

Name
    Andy
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I don't care what some crappy survey says, personal experience has told me a completely different story. Agreed, Hyundai have tried to rebrand themselves, and consequently may have improved production design and quality, and Kia might be a little better than they used to be, but still, I haven't known anyone personally to have had an "outstanding" relationship with either stable.

Until someone I know personally uses their money and shows me the light, I'm not willing to bet my dosh on material found on the internets that may or may not have been swayed by a well funded marketing department.

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

All were at hand on the first page of a google search

At the moment I like hyundai more than I like toyota. Toyota's dropped out of all motorsport, cancelled development of anything remotely sporty, and keep making the same old mistake of making some of the blandest cars in the world. Honda's even worse. They've cancelled development of the new NSX, the new Integra type R, pulled out of motorsport etc etc.

More on the topic of this thread, this is what I want for a daily:

Hyundai = The new hotness.

Banned
    Name
    andrew

ah yeh the genisis (spelling ?) it also sports a v8.

looks good but its still a hyundai, tho i agree hyundai will be one of the big companys in the futer becuase they have only been getting better and there trying harder as the other companys are just living off there old good name.

haha check this out.
    Last edited by fixeruperer; 5th March 2009 at 10:24 PM.

Name
    Travis
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

red one looks hot.

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Nope the V8 comes in the OTHER genesis, the sedan. It's a rwd luxo barge. The genesis coupe pictured above is available in a 4cyl turbo 2l - rumoured to be an improved and modernised version of the mitsubishi 4g63, and also comes with a 3.8L (I think) v6 which sounds sexual.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast