Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: My s13 touge rocket

Name
    Beau
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Lol yer got the usual ca18 catch can.. I was planing wheels that fit properly

I didnt know that the injectors are that cheap.. Thought the where like 500+
    full time mechanic... part time toyota tech lol

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

750 and 850 are same price so I suggested the 850, you probably only need 750 with a CA and 2871/3071. The crappy haltech(PS500) can't run low-z so you need to buy the 900cc(1000cc) or get a low-z injector driver. Then again, it's a CA, it has a resistor pack from the factory so you can run whatever you feel like as long as the haltech can go to small enough time increments(which it should).

Ideally you want their 1050cc customs as they have a MUCH nicer spray pattern but ya know, I'm trying to squeeze every last bit of horsepower out of the car. It'll get better fuel economy too.

Name
    Beau
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Yer i can run what ever anyway cause i have the ps1000 which can do both.. Ill probably go 800cc woud like to upgrade fuel system and try e85 with bigger turbo later in my build.. I am helping a mate do similar to his mk3 atm

Name
    Nick
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

got any more info about how this should be done, like some pics, everybody says do something different and nobody has pics

Name
    Beau
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

With my catch can i have both tappet covers running to a can with the vent from the can going too the intake pipe before turbo.. Lh tappet cover pcv hose has the factory restrictor in it otherwise your car will spew oil cause of how low set the outlet is compaired to the other side

Name
    Beau
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

You can if you want just run both to a can that vents to atmo but.. Is illegal if you care.. I wouldnt lol

Name
    Beau
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Oh and forgot that both lines on mine are run up to strut brace bar then down to can to try and help retain any oil from running out of the tappet covers

Name
    Nick
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

mine doesn't go into the intake of the turbo anymore because it pisses out a shit load of oil out the rear main seal when i do

with a breather it is fine but fills the catch can pretty fast and no idea if its going to be safe like that, think i need to setup a oil pressure gauge

Name
    Beau
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Thats similar to mine.. They seem to create a lot of crank case pressure and as soon as there is more than factory boost it is much worse.. Possibly blow by.. But hey if it runs ok and oil useage is manageable.. No biggy

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

My plan is to run a baffled catch can between the block(the hose that goes to the back inlet side cam cover, from the oil filter area) and the turbo inlet pipe. Let the cam covers suck air through filters. That way the block is in vacuum which pulls air through the filters on the cam covers and into the block which will help the oil also drain down into the sump. The oil floating around in the crank case will hopefully get caught and be drained back into the sump through a oil drain tee'd into the turbo's oil drain. This is the difficult way to do it.

What you should do is pull the head off and whack a restrictor in the feed passage then run the three breathers into one big catch can. That way the engine can breathe a lot easier and no oil filling the head.

Other guys make more crankcase/head pressure equaliser pipes/extra oil drains to cover up the first problem of too much oiling in the head.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast