Page 9 of 138 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Thread: pen15's slider could be lower wider louder

Name
    Mathew
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

well the lines running to and from the turbo are threaded holes so i was just gonna do it anyway as the turbo is water cooled not oil cooled i don't really know if this is an issue with pressure on the return line but from what i can see there wouldn't really be any problem running braided to and from and i get them really really cheap lol
    the dyno pull to 300rwkw

BT20v is making 300rwkw like i said i would without nitrous so now its time for some spray and see if she will run a 10s or less

Name
    Davey & Riki-lee
    State
    South Australia
    Country
    Australia

ah well thats all good then haha :0
    R&D Mechanical, Seaford SA - please visit www.rdmechanicalshop.com
    Our introduction - Click here

Name
    Beau
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Just a lil FYI cause im a addict to the Braided hose god! I actually didnt use the braided for my oil dump/return line from my turbo. I used a really high temp rated hose from Pirtek. Its blue. The reason was that even though braided can handle high pressures and temps the pirtek line was better suit for the very high temp oil coming out of the turbo.

Braided can handle it. BUT keep an eye on it as it may split or wreck out from the constant heat coming from it.

BUT then again this may not happen and you probaly never have a problem just be aware of it thats all

Name
    Mathew
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

all i need atm is good weather and money i have a bet on a basketball match atm i should win about $3500 if it comes in fingers crossed will pay for a fair bit o shit
    Last edited by pen15; 22nd May 2009 at 06:39 PM.
    the dyno pull to 300rwkw

BT20v is making 300rwkw like i said i would without nitrous so now its time for some spray and see if she will run a 10s or less

Name
    Mathew
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

is your turbo mainly cooled by water or oil as my turbo is a wrx water cooled turbo and might not be really affected by oil heat i think the oil is just there as a lubrication system but i am unsure of this will talk to my engine builder

and beau u think u are braided god im gonna make my whole car from braided line soon enough
    the dyno pull to 300rwkw

Gone
    Name
    Joel
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

i did exactly the same on my SR in my dato.. DOOOOO IT!

Name
    Joe
    State
    NT
    Country
    Australia

so what diff and gearbox are you going to run with the turbs motor?

joe
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdm-Mcc View Post
    quit hatin get bakin!

Name
    Mathew
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

a t50 gbox and t series diff for a little while
    getting my g series or f series all set up with a w55 setup but gotta wait and see what happens with my turbo setup as im only gonna be running 110kws atw and apparently a t50 is good till about 150 rwkws but its not really power that kills them its torque and snapping gears under hard traction

a t50 can easily be killed with a 4ac and about 10 meters of road so at this stage its just the waiting game

an update on the jdm conversion i have done flywheel clutch gearbox and oil press gauge sender the engine will be going in tmoz then all i gotta do is clean up under the hood do my accelerator cable and clutch line then get down to sorting out my water plumbing for my heater that's about it before it goes down to golberg to wire it all up and a few other little things need to be done very excited to get it going

an update on the turbo motor i have checked the clerances on the adm dizzy to my turbo and clearence is like a glove fits so perfect i cant even believe it
    picking up the motor very soon as sprinterman is almost done with rebuilding it and i have a jdm rwd manifold lined up for it just gotta modify my tvis flaps so there is no restriction but then again im gonna be a little anial about this motor as everything is brand new or beyond excellent condition

btw thanks all for the comments i appreciate it because it makes me feel smart lol
    the dyno pull to 300rwkw

Name
    Lawrence
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I don't think that a T50 would hold 150rwkws for long at all. 150rwhp but not kw. In all seriousness, just do it the right way first. When things brake it sucks arse, so just get everything perfect then put it in and you'll be sweet. I recon you could sort out an F-series and a W box for 2K or less if you know people. And you know me, so that's a start .
    We can get you a diff on the cheap, and probably a box too.

All you'll need then is somebody to weld the diff mounts on for you and get an A-W bellhousing (btw only get a niteparts one, don't bother with anything else).

Do it once, do it right.

Oh, and keep up the good work

Name
    Clinton
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

it wont break anything ever haha....

FTP.
    Quote Originally Posted by svenmate View Post
    I love how all the SA boys get on board
    Quote Originally Posted by Konakid View Post
    im driving out there with new hydro setup
    Quote Originally Posted by myke90 View Post
    haha i have the exact same picture from when i got my sportmaxx lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    whats with the drift rings? i know they are just a novelty but do they represent or signify anything?

Page 9 of 138 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 109 ... LastLast