Thread: RWD waterpumps....

Name
    Niz
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Default RWD waterpumps....

ok just need to check/confirm something...

I went into Toyota the other day to get a price on a RWD water pump using a part No. that I found somewhere (think it was rollaclub) fucks me what it was though, I lost it. Also not sure if it was for a 16v JDM pump or a 4ac pump, theoretically it doesn't particularly matter . Anyways the price they gave me ($209) made me go else where for a non genuine.

I ended up at supersteep auto and got them to order in a bursons ae86 4ac pump.
    Went to pick it up today and find out that it is only the front half.. Pretty pointless as I require the whole fuckin thing.
    Needless to say I just got a refund. Also on the box it had AE71 1.3L waterpump? The part No. was the same in the book, and I tried to explain that it should be 1.6 etc but the person at the parts counter couldn't argue with her book.
    Does that seem right, whatever engine that is for ^ does it use the same pump as a 4ac?

Now has anyone purchased a new JDM 4age 16v RWD waterpump before? did it come with the rear housing? or is it another separate part?

Does anyone know the correct part No. for this?

I know the Bursons 20v pump I was selling a while back had the rear housing with it.... so the rwd one should also right?

Sorry for long post, just getting frustrated.

Cheers
    Niz
    ------------------>>>Need something welded locally??? Hit me up, I may just be able to help<<<------------------

BENT MECHANIX - Garage 20:

Ok
    Name
    Seamus
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

It generally won't come with the back housing. Seperate part (unfortunately) .. think of those AE86 kids overseas who rebuild their motor and have no need to buy the rear part of the housing sorta makes sense. But you can order everything you need in one hit, see below

16110-16010 - JUST the front half of the waterpump

16100-19095 - the entire waterpump assembly, including thermostat housing etc (but no thermostat)

Name
    Niz
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

awesome.. cheers Seamus...

Actually I'm pretty certain that was the No. I quoted and they said $209.... {16100-19095}

May just have to suck it up then I guess.
    Last edited by NIZLAH; 24th February 2009 at 06:50 PM.
    ------------------>>>Need something welded locally??? Hit me up, I may just be able to help<<<------------------

Name
    Anthony
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

hey just curious with the whole waterpump assembly, i can run my thermostat from the back of the water pump on my slivertop and it fits no drama maybe just some custom piping to radiator??

Name
    Niz
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Yeah depending on how your water piping is set-up... but it bolts up all the same and whatnot.. you will need a custom top pipe on the front under the quads with a bypass integrated if running a bypass like factory...

Banned
    Name
    Mason
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Hey mate

If you ring Toyota, with any genuine water pump
    you always get the backing/housing.
    Doesn't matter what vehicle it is.
    As I've bought alot thru Toyota for my customer's cars.

Name
    Aaron
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

hey i just bought a rwd waterpump from toyota last week. they could only supply to me the whole water pump assembly. and you get all the gaskets and o-rings (which is normal for toyota) but you don't get the thermostat outlet. this outlet isn't available anymore from japan.

Name
    Jonathan
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

I have got the 16100-19095 waterpump. It is both halves with gaskets, but nothing else. I can see how the epc makes it look like you get other housings, but you don't.

A few years ago the prices were closer to $100 at Toyota for the full pump, or $50 at Burson for the front half. Trade discounts of course.

Name
    Aaron
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

i only paid 120 for my whole pump from toyota with gaskets

Name
    Dimitri
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

as jonny/others have said. if you buy a pump from toyota, its the whole assembly including rear housing.

you will still need to buy a thermostat cover ect. but this part is quite similar to 4ac. and also you can use ae82 4ac/4age/ae92 4age external thermostat housing cover, on the rwd rear water pump housing, and then you end up with a place for your thermo switch as well

thing is though. you can just use a 4ac rear housing, and thermostat cover. and simply attach your fwd pump to this, and use a fwd pulley.

this is the set up i have on my motor -

4ac rear housing. 4ac thermostat cover (slight difference in exit angle of pipe but it works) 4ac thermostat (but its the same fitment as 4age, including ae82/92, ep starlets, ect ect).

and whatever random fwd water pump i had lying around. the only catch is a cant use an engine fan. well youre not meant to. ive seen people do it though, and get away with it for quite some time. regardless i dont want to run an engine fan anyway, so its no problem.

also, not that its relevant to you niz, but the 4age bypass pipe and top water neck is compatible with this arrangement too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast