Bad Email Address
    Name
    John
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Man another handy tip.

One tip i learnt about painting the hard way was don't paint in the middle of the day in summer. BIG Fuckup that one.

Name
    Dave
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

you got to choose your reducers (thinners) and hardeners carefully.
    most companys will have: fast, medium, slow in both.
    its how you mix and match them will determine the out come.
    at work when its 40+ degrees out side the booths don't cool down after baking. so there sitting at the high 55o-60o wile we are spraying. for this instance id use medium hardener and slow reducer. but it depends on what panels i'm doing will depend on my spraying technique.

sorry for the off topic

Name
    Andy
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Sorry to dig up an old topic, but my dad's compressor just died. His must have been at least 20 years old, was an Able Staples. Looked to have a ~40-50L tank with a 1.5KW motor on it.

Obviously the first place I went looking for a compressor was Trade Tools due to them being very close to both where I live and where I work. Currently looking at 4 different models; HP240-40, HD240, HD240-UP and the HD200. Limited to these on price really, and the fact we don't want to go overkill.

The first two have a 2.5HP direct drive motor with 240L/min F.A.D. Really the $50 difference is an added 36L to the size of the tank, taking it from 40L to 76L. Well worth it if you're doing long duty cycle work such as spray painting, sanding, nibbling, sheering, etc.

The HD240-UP apparently has a 3HP direct drive motor (maybe a misprint?) so might be a 15A doobie, but is probably only a 10A and really 2.5HP. Still has 240L/min F.A.D. Big win with this one is that it's a large 60L tank but is also an upright style, meaning much smaller footprint in the garage/workshop.

Finally there's the HD200 which has a lower F.A.D. rating of 199L/min, and a tank size of 63L. Slightly less power with a 2.25HP motor, but is of course belt driven which according to Nick, is win. Heaviest out of the lot at 78KG.

Prices are $548, $598, $658, $668 respectively. $120 separating cheapest and most expensive options, but all have their own little perk/s.

IMHO, HD240 still looks the goods as per Nizlah found out. End of the day, all options do look attractive though.
    The Phoenix; In the build since 10/06!
    :: 4A-GTE / GT2560R / W58 / TRD 2-Way / F Series Diff / Microtech LT10S / AJPS Supplied Suspension ::
    Where will it stop? Will it ever be finished? How will it go? Why am I not wearing any pants?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2