Make: Toyota Corolla
Model: AE71 CSX
I purchased this car approximately 7 months ago as my previous car (s13 silvia) was costing me a crap load of money to keep on the road. It was an unreliable bucket of junk and i had spent approximately 15,000 dollars on the car. It was also a time in my life to purchase a house and invest my money into something useful.
I thoroughly enjoy drifting so i wanted to purchase a car that could be cheap and alot of fun. Hence i puchased an AE71 and sold the s13. The initial purchase price was $1000 with airconditioning from a dealer. It was completely standard and mint.
The next step was modding the beast. I started modding the suspension with the AJPS catalogue and then the mods just kept on growing.
Here are some pics.
15 x 7 SSR,s all round
Bonnet spacers are cool.
All you need is house paint and a paint roller to make those badges look mint.
I had to hammer the rear right guard to fit the wheel as it had a dodgy repair job which made the guard sit further in than standard. The result from doing the hammer job was two big chunks of bog breaking off. The solution, glue the pieces back onto the guard and paint with touch up paint.
A granny shade can be made into a rear wing with a bit of cut and paste.
All stickered up.
Stock 4ac (rebuilt motor by previous owner)
Nardi, Tacho, Fire Extinguisher and Radio. All the essentials for drifting.
No need for rear seats if its only you driving the car!! It is also a good excuse to never be the designated driver or give you mates a lift.
Front suspension = AJPS 8kg springs, KYB short stroke shocks, AE86 front struts, Sigma LCA, New bushings, Braided brake lines.
Rear suspension = AJPS 6kg springs, KYB short stroke shocks, Whiteline Panhart Rod, Tercel Rear swaybar.
How it sits at the moment:
Current Mods include:
32/36 DGV Webber,
Whiteline Adapter plate
Port matched intake
Modified and welded exhaust manifold
Full length 2 inch custom exhaust (By Streamline Exhausts)
New Clutch Mater
New Clutch Slave
New Brake Master
All new coolant hoses
Unknown Front Strut Brace
KYG AGX ST185's (4 way adjustable)
Otomoto coilover sleeve kit with 8kg springs
Cusco camber tops
Super Pro LCA Bushings
Super Pro Caster Rod Bushings
Powder Coated ae86 ADM Struts (White)
Braided Front Brake lines
Lucas High Quality Brake Pads
AJPS 6kg 210mm free height springs
KYB Exel G's (Short Stroke)
Tercel Rear Sway-Bar
Super Pro Upper and Lower Trailing Arm Busings
Rear Strut Brace
Whiteline adjustable Panhard Rod
Daytona Black Bucket Seat
Dildo Shift Knob (150mm)
Speco Water Temperature Gauge
AJPS drift button
Wheels and tyres:
SSR Fins 15x7 Front and Rear (unknown offset - near 0). Reconditioned, Polished, Powder Coated White.
Front Tyres: Toyo R1R's 195/50 - R15
Rear Tyres: Unknown Junkers 195/50 - R15
Last edited by dreny...; 30th July 2010 at 05:42 PM.
I have now painted the zorst black for that slightly stealth look. I quite like the look of it painted. Its different!!!
I am also going to be filling these trailing arms with nolathane items for sicker skids.
I have now installed a new radiator as the old one had a crack in it. I also did a really thorough detail job on the engine bay because i got bored over the weekend. The radiator works a treat as the needle is in the happy zone all the time.
Here are some pics.
Ok, i have now decided to remove the bump strips on the side of the car. I have been meaning to do this for a while and was told a good technique and thought i would give it a go.
The required tools are:
- A heat gun
- Fishing wire
- Goo remover or Xylene based desolver. I purchased 'goop remover' from Bunnings.
- Cut and Polish.
- Alot of patience and blisters.
1. I dont have any pics of the first process but you need to heat the crap out of the bump strip (with the heat gun) so it is very hot. With the fishing wire place it behind the bump strip and literally slice it off. It should come off quite easily because the glue is soft.
2. Next step is to use the heat gun to heat small sections of the glue and peel/scrape it off with your finger nail. This takes the longest time and is the most painful.
3. After most of the goo is removed use the 'goop remover' go get rid of the ramaining residue. You may need to repeat step 2 & 3 alot!!
4. The last step is to cut and polish the crap out of it.
Here are the results but not finished yet. I will be removing the red stripes along the top also.
before pic, with stripes.
I have finally finished removing all of the bump strips and pin stripes. It now looks super clean. I love it!! It is not a job for the faint hearted as it took me 8-10 hours to get it to where it is now.
The best way to remove the pin stripes is to heat them up with a heat gun and then rub them off with a rubber glove. By doing this it removes all the glue and the stripe at the same time, plus you dont burn the shit out of your hand.
Heres some pics.
The car got defected a few weeks ago so i have decided to paint a few components while there were off the car to get repaired. Check out the new geh ride height to get through regency. 4 x 4 here we come!!!!!
Last edited by dreny...; 6th July 2010 at 02:34 PM.
fuck yeah look amazing mate i have a soft spot for brown and tan ke/ae's i like where ur going with it keep it up.
fucking lol at the ride height. but yer definately looks good with those bump strips removed.
Love it! Modded AE71 CSX > S13. Car is tidy as, keep up the good work.