Name
    Andy
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Default So, who's out of work...?

Hey boys and maybe girls,

There's probably a good portion of you that know of my long term build project... it's been slowly getting there over the last 28 or so months (by my count). Basically, I haven't done anything on it since October last year when I moved house, and waited for a shed to be built. This has only just happened, but fitting out the shed is proving to take even more time.

So, I was wondering, is there anyone here that has time on their hands and wants to finish the car for me? It's at a pretty good stage, and there's not that much to do, but too much for me to worry about at the moment. Things that still need to be done are:

1) Mounting of AW11 seats, and bolting them in.
    2) Reinstallation of dash (now with fibreglass skin), and installation of instruments, and some trim related. Included is installation of Greddy Profec II EBC and Greddy Intelligent turbo timer. Wiring is mostly done for the EBC.
    3) Wrap up and neaten wiring in engine bay (from fresh Microtech install)
    4) Putting all door rubbers, etc, back on.
    5) Fitting Door/Hatch handles/locks.
    6) Apply bodykit (already painted, needs fitting).
    7) Hook up and secure vacuum lines.
    8) Other little misc bits and pieces.
    9) Double check the whole car and make sure everything looks good.

Maybe 9) Remove box, replace bolts holding clutch to flywheel (I'm sure I %^#$ed them), and attach new shifter housing to top of box.

For someone who knows what their doing, and has done that shiz before, it'd probably only take a couple of days, maybe a week if you have problems. Very little (if anything) needed in the way of parts, just all labour. Prolly could even use my tools, I've got most common stuff, and some specialty ones as well.

But yeah, just wanted to know if anyone would be interested in doing this, and seeing how much they'd want for it. Welcome quotes from anyone who works at a workshop either. Happy to actually show someone the car's current state to get a quote on "finishing" it.

Is in Alexandra Hills, at the moment, but might be able to get it moved to the Victoria Point shed for more space and dryness. Is undercover at Alex Hills, but only awning wise, and gets flooded occasionally.

Thanks boys.

Name
    Brendan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i may be interested in this

would probably help if you posted up a few pics of its current state
    MY JZX83 (clicky)
    My Beams Powered AE86 SOLD (clicky)

Quote Originally Posted by destroyer View Post
    Too bad im in the same town as dr1ft-p1g im pretty sure his mx83 is the coolest.

Name
    Johl
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i'd come around and give you a hand if that gets you motivated?
    stroked 2L ca18-ae86 in the build...eta xmas 2012?

Name
    Andy
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Don't have pics, but current state is pretty good. If I haven't listed it here, it's more than likely done.

Oh, need to add brake fluid and bleed the brakes, and probably adjust the bias too (but can get a shop to do that if it's too hard, got new brakes on the front). Clutch fluid would need to be filled too, but prolly a good thing that isn't done yet.

The car actually starts, so there's really not that much that needs to be done in the grand scheme of things...

Name
    Dimitri
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

are you offering to pay by the hour? or do you have a maximum figure in mind?

Name
    Andy
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Depends. If someone say, gave me a comprehensive quote including a breakdown of time required for each job, and essentially we decided that I'd pay that amount once the job had been done, I'd consider that. Would be open to payment schemes, as long as they're fair to both parties.

Eg, I want to cap or be able to track extremely closely how much I'd pay, and the person doing the work has a right to expect a predetermined amount for the work they've done, based on how hard it is to do and how long it takes them.

Name
    Johl
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

heres a run down of what sort of time you could be looking at. i havnt doen much wiring so im not too sure about cleaning up the wiring etc with the microtec. all up i got prob under 15 hours not including body kit work. but this is probably best case scenario with nothing going wrong. you could put all the rubbers and doors, locks, dash etc back in urself and the seat really isnt that hard. put on some beers and i'd come help u for this stuff. but the wiring etc may need someone more experienced.

my2c

are the rails there or do the stock ones need modifying?
    took me about 3 hours all up with alot of dicking around to modify and weld up my drivers rail

2) Reinstallation of dash (now with fibreglass skin), and installation of instruments, and some trim related. Included is installation of Greddy Profec II EBC and Greddy Intelligent turbo timer. Wiring is mostly done for the EBC.

dash and trim maybe 1 hour

up to 2 hours if it is the loom from microtech?

15mins

do the doors need lining up at all etc?
    45min-2hours pending above?

is it modified at all? skirts especially are terrible and usually need to be cut and re glassed. could take all day to do this one really

1 hour maybe?

another hour?
    Maybe 9) Remove box, replace bolts holding clutch to flywheel (I'm sure I %^#$ed them), and attach new shifter housing to top of box.

2 hours for box drop
    stroked 2L ca18-ae86 in the build...eta xmas 2012?

Name
    Andy
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

My breakdown of stuff:

Probably 1.5hrs. AW11 seats almost line up, would just need to drill out the stock mounting holes and use a good sized washer. Probably not even on all the mounting holes, only two on each seat.

Wiring isn't really a problem, the turbo timer is very easy to install. I would allow 5 hours for this, to mount the Greddy stuff properly, and put all the other shit back in.

Loom is all connected, all you need to do is wrap tape around it, and maybe some split corregated hose to protect it a bit more. Maybe an hour and a half to be generous.

Assuming you can find it all, and know where it all goes, probably an hour.

As above?

No idea. All pre-owned kit pieces that had been fitted to cars previously, so should line up very close if not spot on.

Bugger all time. 30 mins?

NFI. Maybe throw in 2 hours for this? I'm sure I've forgotten parts...

Couple of hours.

10) Drop box, replace shifter housing, replace clutch/flywheel bolts.
    3 hours.

11) Fill and bleed clutch and brakes.
    1.5 hours.

12) Wrap screamer pipe with exhaust wrap.
    1.5 hours (it's a bastard of a fit, but doable).

13) Place heatshield over brake lines in key areas.
    30 minutes.

That comes to... 23 hours by my guess? 3 full days work, to get the majority of it done I reckon. The main thing is that someone who has done full project cars before needs to look at it and go over it, and write down exactly what still needs to be done to get it to a stage I'm happy with (another area of needed consultation).

Name
    Dimitri
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i would maybe be able to come have a look next week. but the understanding, before i even came to look, would be that it is going to cost you over $500 if i do it.

Name
    Andy
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Funnily enough, that doesn't really phase me that much. This fkn thing has dragged on so long, lol, and I know you do good work Dimitri, everyone knows at least one of the cars you've worked on. Will see if there's anyone else who's more desperate for cash first, but I am pretty keen to get this girl working. It's too good to just sit there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast