Australia

lol todd its sick ay

Name
    Sam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I've had a trusty old Touge Weapon CBR250 and a 96 cbr 900rr.. Loved them both but don't really ride that much anymore due to the decent local tracks being closed (Darlington).. QR is pretty boring on a bike and there are too many unforseeables on the road to relaly push it at all..

I'm not really a fan of all the new 1000cc 4 cyl Jap sports bikes as they are quite Uninspiring to ride.. They all handle perfectly and have simlier linear power curves, theres just no suprise or difference between them anymore... Not for me anymore..

If i start to ride again it will definatly be a V-twin.. And after riding a SuperDuke when they first came out i would have to say that would be the bike for me.. They are loose as and awesome to flog..

i know exactly what you mean, you like your old school 2 stroke bikes, where you get ripped off your seat when you open the throttle too much. most super bikes these days are all 4 stroke so they ain't as fun as the old school bikes.

Name
    Sam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Yar.. I like the 2 strokes as they scare the crap outta me.. A mate bought a cr500 2 stroke that was road registerable.. Motard setup.. It is easily the scariest bike i''ve ever ridden.. Lifted the front tyre with no efort 1st through 4th and with a little help in 5th.. crazy tyre spin too..

But the v-twins are the way to go now (especially the KTM) as they are more fun.. The Duke is like a big comfortable dirt bike with shitloads of torque.. So much fun..

Name
    Amulday
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

I'll get some pics up of my NSR 250 MC18 when I get it back from getting it rebuilt.

amulday.sam
    HR ARMY
    RED BEAR

Name
    Jamie
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

MC28 NSR250 SP ftw!! I love Pro-arm!!!

Amulday, there is a Japanese book printed by Studio Tac Creative called 'Honda NSR250R Owners bible'

get a copy it's gold, I bought a copy about 18 months ago, goes thru all models, mc18 to mc28

i just don't understand why for road bikes ktm's are even more expensive than ducati's, when body wise they look like crap compared to the chick magnet ducati's

Name
    Sam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I thought the Super Duke was quite resonably priced... And ride one and you'll instantly fall for it..

HUFFYS FTW !! xD jokes jokes lol ... nice bike you got the damo, i was thinking about getting a bike license, but with all these shitty laws the max u can ride on L's is i assume 250cc? every L plater on bikes i see, are all riding cbr250's is there anything else out there that is abit more hectic? and also lovethat ducati 848 man looks awesome!

Bad Email Address

any bike out there needs 10 times more road skills then needed in a car, your constantly analysing the road, cars, and conditions. Id say a 250 is a whole lot of bike for any L or P plater and atm the laws are extremely lenient.

The max CC any L or P plater can ride.
    "The LAM scheme will allow novice riders to ride moderately powered motorcycles with an engine capacity up to and including 660ml and which do not exceed a power to weight ratio of 150 kilowatts per tonne and are shown on this list. The following list, which will be adjusted as new models are approved by the RTA, displays details of all motorcycles that can be ridden by learner and provisional riders.

Heres a link on what bikes you can choose from.

But a top learner legal bike is a Ducati Monster 620i, beasty Learner legal.
    Even any Ktm.
    And a mob down the road have the only system in oz that allows a L plater to ride a GSXR 600 - R6 - CBR600-Any 600cc, that exceeds 150kw per tonne.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast