Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Jap bike thread.

Bad Email Address

cr500 are definately good bikes to ride when your constipated lol

Banned

more of a suzuki man myself. use to ride a RM250 back when i was younger, havent ridden motos since i was about 13 though

Name
    Johl
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

really tossing up selling my ke and getting one of these. of course keeping my hachi as a project. 2 drift cars are just too expensive.
    and its only a 1 point fine for riding on ur L's so i may get it before i go to Q ride

about 9k on the road brand new. they hold their value pretty well too. by the time the 2 yr warranty is over i'd wanna upgrade to an r6 or r1 anyway
    stroked 2L ca18-ae86 in the build...eta xmas 2012?

Touge Runner

Just abit of carbon i see

Name
    Piotrek
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Hey there, ive got my bike license recently and ive done a little reading on some of the bikes, and ive taken a real liking to the Honda CBR250RR. Do you guys have any experience with these bikes or any stories relating to them?
    I kinda fell for the engine reliability and the awesome sound it makes with a yoshimuka exhaust, almost like an F1 car

Banned

yoshimura?

Name
    Piotrek
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

oops yeah thats the one, my typo
    btw heres a youtube link, if you havnt heard it already

Name
    Sam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Hey mate... These bikes are bullet proof and you should be able to pick one up for under $3k. Any more than $5k and your definatly being ripped off no matter how it looks..

Fact 1. - 99% of these bikes have been crashed. Fancy Paint = Crashed in the past

Fact 2. - It doesn't really matter that its been crashed if its been repaired correctly (take someone who knows the places to look to see the severity of the crash)

Fact 3. - There is no real performance difference between a RR and an R despite what most wankers will argue for hours over. If you have a bit of ability it won't even register. Brakes are a little better on the RR (twin front Disc) but the difference is negligable for all riding unless you turn it into a full track bike.

Fact 4. - You will almost definatly crash or drop your first bike. Thats a good thing cause it will keep your ego in check and it will probably be a smaller crash than when you upgrade to a larger bike.

I've checked alot of these bikes for 1st time riders/buyers and they seem to be the most conisitently good bikes even with high km's.

Good luck..

Name
    Piotrek
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Hmm, ty for all that info its gonna help me a bit when bartering for the bike

Name
    Dom
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

I would have to agree with most of what Sam has said except maybe Fact 4, you wont stop 'rapping it on' cos the throttle is far too addictive. Or maybe it's just me
    I dropped both my 250 and 600 at 100+ kmph and still didn't learn i luckly walked away from both of those and after repairing them they road like nothing had happened, well the 600 did, the 250 did cart wheels in the crash...
    Anyway the way i see it is there are 3 outcomes from riding MC's;
    1- You naturally become a really good rider and live a long life.
    2- You die doing something stupid and way beyond your limits. Or maybe some knob will just pull out in front of you...
    3- Sell your bike after your first couple of stacks (if you survive) and buy one again when your a little older and wiser.
    For me it was a couple of 'tankslappers' at 200+ that made me think twice.But rest assured, once its in your blood it always will be.
    The Track Car Build: Indigo
    The Street Car Build: Street Build
    A Heap Of For Sale: The Heap

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast