WA
    Country
    Australia

all s series (aus spec) diffs are weak as piss

T18 is the easiest way to swap in a bigger diff

Bad Email Address

You can buy mine in about 3 weeks time

Bad Email Address

yeah i will get it from ya, but twilight is friday after next, i was hoping to try and qualify for the masters, with john. so i gotta get my hands on one asap

sorry again indi about the mess up with the other diff.

oh! on another note, im making 5 2" aluminium steering wheel spacers at work. for aftermarket wheels, if you dont have enough clearance between the wheel and indicator, this will solve the problem before you snap and indicator stalk like i have. they will be ready soon and more can be made, ill try each one on my own car first before they sell to make sure they are OK. $45 + p&h.

Oldschool Member
    Name
    mike
    State
    qld
    Country
    australia

not to bad i might be in for one, let us know how the 1st one goes

Oldschool Member

hey its kris me , john and a couple of mates came past for the diff..

man just get another centre and weld that shit up again its the best and you know it..

Bad Email Address

Thats okay dude. I'm getting a higher ratio ring gear for nothing now so alls well that ends well I wouldn't have been able to have the car ready till I get back from Queensland anyways because I have to pick up a tailshaft. I think the guys gave my car a bit of a thrashing on the way to your place and back though my engine that was already on its last legs sounds like its about to die.

Oldschool Member

hahahahahahha nnooooooo we didnt what are you talking about we would never such a thing..
    oh and indi you have to see my gear box it is so funny i have a hand full of metal shavings after we took the box apart..
    should be back on the road in a week or so waiting for a gear box from melbourne...

Bad Email Address

indi; im glad you can repair that diff. i found a t-18 rear end that im picking up on the weekend, it sounds like its a goer, but ill prob still get your old one just in case.

caps; hey dude, sounds like you had fun with the gearbox, i seen a few for sale on the toymods forums if you wanna look.

Oldschool Member

yea i got one hooked up just waiting for it from melbourne.. now all i have to do is lighten my fly wheel and get a heavy duty clutch..

Bad Email Address

i just put a Exedy heavy duty in mine about 4 weeks ago, it feels the same (pedal weight) but this one dont slip.

i got it for $300 from a mechanic mate in narellan. (clutch pressure plate and thrust bearing)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast