Yang
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Nice Job on the engine bay. Looks really good

Cheers

Bad Email Address

thank dude, the only reason it looks good is because i had no license at the time of the engine swap. otherwise it probably would not have been changed at all! let alone detailed, its amasing how much money i did not waste while not driving around.

and speaking of engine swaps, my dad called me at work today. he old me that he had a present for me. he said

"its big, heavy and has toyota written on it. it also has 4 cylinders, 16 valves and red lettering on the cam covers."

his mechanic gave him a red top 4AGE for free. am seriously considering working the hell out of it (NA of course) and dropping it in to mine.

Veteran
    Name
    Yang
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

lol, so is it going to stay that way?

Cheers

Bad Email Address

im gonna keep it NA until such a time that i become a good enough driver to handle drift at over 150 km/h (that is if i ever get there), then ill need a turbo to keep the ass end out.

but only then will i boost it.

i wanna show people it can be done without boost. this motor i plan to make about 150 rwHp out of it NA on pump fuel, 200 is achievable with a little more work but itl need race fuel which is very impracticle.

bah 200 rwHP is NOT achievable n/a you.ve been lied to.... not on any fuel

Bad Email Address

im not trying to brag but it can be done, i know a guy who could do it, but i dont have the finance to fund such an engine. ill give a hint, it might be a 4AGE but it may not necessarily be 1600cc and any pump fuel wont sustain very high compression rates. this friend ive spoken to was a race engine builder, and was offered a job on a formula 1 team.

take my mates motor for example. he built a silver top 20V that produced 239 Hp at the flywheel on an engine dyno. the motor is not yet in the car though.

however i see your point. it is a rather high number for an NA motor, but ive been told by this person who i trust that he could do it if i wanted to. but as i mentioned before it would be very impracticle.

it would NEED to run non pump fuel and rev Extremely high to get 200 rwhp. this has been covered many times elsewhere. the BEST 4a based motors in the world make 240-250hp FLYWHEEL and cost over 30,000 dollars to build, AND need rebuilding every 1500-2500 km's. 250 Flywheel is not even 200 rw so dunno who this guy is but hes done the impossible...

a 7a based engine can make 260 ish hp but still a very expensive option. for practical use 210 215 hp at the flywheel is the most you can achieve, that is unless its for a show car that runs once in a blue moon...

meh end rant..

Name
    Justin
    State
    DC
    Country
    USA

How'd you find a locked S series diff go? was it good on track? round town? also i've heard that it can snap axels easy. I've been thinking of locking mine till I can get an LSD rear end

Oldschool Member

do it. do it

its very fun but you gotta be carful where you drive iv had mine locked for a 3 months or so now and it is still going strong..
    BUT id recomend a l.s.d

Bad Email Address

between myself and my mate, neither of us have ever snapped an axle. they are perfect as before the locked diff. i have worn out 1 S series centre and munched another, zach on the other hand has munched three of them.

as caps said they are fun, a little tricky in the wet, but an LSD would be a lot better.

my last locked S lasted about 2-3 months before it chewed itself up in less than a day.

i now have a locked T18 rear end and it is coping a lot better than the S series, all it needs now is the 4.1 ratio from a TA 22 or RA 40.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast