Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Screech Autoworks DIY 86

Bad Email Address

ive been up to my usual shit again people, trying to make something that i could just buy from a shop somewhere!

met up with this other guy on the weekend, he also had an 86 and said he had heaps of spares, so i asked him if he had a set of quad throttles i could buy. he actually said yes, quite to my surpise.

so i now have a set of quads and am in the middle of making new linkages because they were missing. i used linkage levers from a RS turbo liberty throttle body for the accelerator cable to pull which is linked to the linkage arm in between the 4 throttles. its very simple but effective and wont give me that hard pedl feel that the standard linkages can give in 86's.

so all i have to do now is go about designing an adaptor to bolt it up to my engine. then the quads will be fitted. ill keep an update going if any1 is ken to see how this conversion goes.

Oldschool Member

cool now you just have to get your computer tuned and your car will sound very very cool.....

Bad Email Address

ive finally found some pics from the fatz drift day last sat, found some very nice ones too.

Bad Email Address

its been a while people since i last updated things.

since the fatz day my car has gone down a little, savage wheel alignment issues wearing 4 different wheels with the sluggish response of a 3.7 diff wearing taller than normal tyres.

and to top it off the day i got the alignment fixed, i snapped the left tie rod end coming down the local touge road. took me an hour to drive home limping it at 30km/h with the left wheel rolling free to point in any direction. have replaced the snapped arm since but am now awaiting a glorious moment to bring my machine back from the slums.

bring on the tax return!!

with my tax return, i plan to do the following.
    - fit new upgraded front and rear suspension
    - fit new adjustable front and rear swaybars.
    - fit 2" 4 point harnesses
    - get new exhaust
    - if im lucky get an adapter to fit my quads to my engine.

Veteran
    Name
    Ben
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

holy shit man yo must be getting a shit load of tax back to be able to do all that is listed above. lucky you

Bad Email Address

nah its not really being lucky, its all about who you know and what you can do yourself.

i just fitted the GAB shocks front and rear and the RSR springs, it sits a little higher than berfore now. the front and rear sway bars are in and doing their job nicely.

i might like to add that the adjustable sway bars from whiteline are NOT installer friendly. their design for the adjustments are large and bulky and do not fit to the car properly. i was dissapointed with whiteline when i tried to fit these product with two black squares for pictures as installation instructions. ill try to get some pics for you guys on this.

the harnesses are in and will get certified soon and am chasing up parts to construct an exhaust system.

with these new suspension parts the car is handling so much better than before

Defnitly handles a whole lot better man. Should be even better on the track!

Awesome car dude

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6