Jap Spec front and rear.....

Senior Member Medwin_3sGTE_AE86's Avatar
    Name
    Bendyaumum
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

yeah... i reckon this is the easiest upgrade without adding too much unsprung mass and rotational inertia.
    I've taken this setup onto the track many times too... with good pads and discs.... they cope well since its a very light car....
    Unless u have more than 200hp... i think this setup is enough....

Name
    Bendyaumum
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

If u change the Rears to discs... dont forget to get a bigger master cylinder.
    Also... gut the standard brake bias valve. But by doing this... u'll end up with a lil too much bias to the rear but still better than not gutting it.

Lastly... wack in a adjustable brake bias valve... wilwood/tilton etc... and setup the brake bias so that the fronts lock just b4 the rears...

BTW... when ur setting up the brake bias... do it somewhere safe (no cops in sight)... last time i did this i copped 6 months and all sorts of other shit..... NOT GOOD!!!

Oldschool Member

Dredging up an old thread.

Has anyone tried EBC greenstuff on their hachi?

What did you think?

Edit: I've rung around and been told that they are not in the country for the ae86 yet. weird

Who stocks race brakes?

Name
    Nick
    State
    Qld
    Country
    Aus

predator motorsport may be able to help you out...or at least point you in the right direction. I was speaking to they guys out there about upgrades and they showed me a few pairs of race pads they use on their track car. I cant remember the brand though

3902 7711
    speak to matt

have you been out a few times using these Jack? can you comment on rotor wear at all

Name
    Paul
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Wink

Greenstuff is shite. Nice pad for the street and the occasional thrash but anything more will see them fading away quickly. Everyone seems to swear by RB74's so I'd give them a try.

Name
    Bendyaumum
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Brisbane stockist for Race Brakes are The Brock Shop in Springwood.... There are many different compounds in their range... RB74 is a good compromise between road n track.... there are other ones thats for pure track (up to 900 degrees c).... chews discs at low temp though....

Name
    Bendyaumum
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Sorry... i keep missing the comments about rotor wear... okay... from what i can gather at the moment... these pads are good on the discs.... not too harsh as some would expect with their high temp rating.

The rotors i'm using are RDA 8 Slots. From what i've heard, RDA disks are made of a softer material then DBA disks which would mean if these pads are very harsh on the rotors... it should show up more quickly than the DBA's...

Just to go back to the topic of Endless pads.... that is really really strange.

To have your money or part there of given back to you must have sourced them through a brisbane distributor right?

I used Endless NA-R at front and NA-S at the rear all of last year in the QR SAS, every single race and they where fine, not a problem with them. QR sprint track took the combination about 3/4-1 full lap to come up to a temp where they started to bite properly.

However the standard rotors have heaps of hairline cracks but I think this is due to the heat that was being generated. G/F and mates telling me there was ever so slight glowing of the rotors on a track day that finished late into the evening in winter. I was like when they told me. This was not an 86 though!

For what its worth... I might be trying out RB pads next on the same car with RDA rotors too. Just don't think I can justify the price of Endless since I will only be going to one or two track days this year, and also having to do a few things to the 86.

Name
    Bendyaumum
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

I really dont want to say much more about the Endless pads as i have no intention to ruin the reputation of their product. I have used various endless products and this was the first time i've had any problems... i was just cut at the fact that they were reluctant to refund/exchange the product when a fault appeared.

I've used
    NA-Y on a Subaru Forester GT (worked well... better than stock)
    NA-M on Nissan R33 GT-R (worked well)
    SS-M on AE86 (delaminated after about 2-3000kms)

I've heard many good things about the NA-R pads... infact some people swear by them... The only reason i didnt chose NA-R was because i heard they really needed a good warm up b4 they started to bite. As i use my car on the street very often... i wanted something that will bite straight away but still will perform well under light circuit work...

The Race Brakes bunch have conducted test on their pads and told me the RB74 compound has similar heat ratings as the NA-R but requires less warm up. Theres also a COMP9 compund which has similar heat ratings as the Endless MA series pads (full race)...

In Japan... The "word" on the street is the Endless CC-X is the best pad to use...

All in all... for $180 per axle the RB74 is brilliant....

By the way... when i got them... they were havin some troubles with the backing plates for AE86's and i had to supply my own... i chopped up a set of Lucas pads and used the backing plate to have the RB74 friction materail bonded to the plate... But they might have this problem already sorted....

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast