Thread: Brake Pads for AE86

Veteran
    Name
    Rob
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

errr i think you will find DBA is MUCH softer than RDA, we had rda on a track car for some time, it took ages for hairlines to come through and this thing gets raped under brakes, also it weighs 1260kg (not a sprinter)!!

Senior Member Medwin_3sGTE_AE86's Avatar
    Name
    Bendyaumum
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Yeah? hmm.... Thats not what i've been told by the people at Queensland Friction Materials (QFM).... I haven't tried both so i cant really comment.... But RDA's are good... i'm givin it hell and it doesnt seem to bother it....

I dont think u can get DBA's for 86's anyways... i tried but no sucess... someone correct me if i'm wrong....

i'm thinkin maybe if your rich u can get the DBA 5000series withe the Alum hats... then i guess u can get any custom offset etc... I never got a quote for them but i'm guessin it wont be cheap!!

Bah.... that's no excuse

As for the Endless CC-X, I personally would stay away from them. They are good..... though being a ceramic based pad cracking can become an issue.

As for the NA-R, there is a new compound that has replaced it. Euro-X is the new NA-R, improved initial bite for low temp operation with still the high temp stability of the NA-R.

Veteran
    Name
    Rob
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

i just brought in some trd's i sold em to garth, ask him how they are, apparently rated to 710 degrees, dont know if this is correct tho

Name
    Bendyaumum
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Update on the RB74 brake pads....

Its been roughly 5 trackdays since i first fitted them. I'm running on the clubman circuit which is pretty harsh on the brakes and the RB74's semi road background are starting to show up. The pads are roughly half worn and the pads are fading pretty badly towards the end of each 5 lap stint. (its actually more like 7 laps) If i pushed hard on the first few laps, i'll have to nurse my brakes towards the end.

On a good note, these pads do not chew discs at all which i'm very happy about.

I'll be trying out the Race Brakes other range of full race pads. Havent decided if i'm gonna go with COMP9 or COMP15.... apparaently these pads really need to be warmed up before they bite and are only suited to the track. I might have to end up switching pads each time b4 i go out....

Keep yous updated on how i go....

Veteran
    Name
    Rob
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

good stuff jack, i should send you some trd to try on the street, i have had some good reviews

Name
    Bendyaumum
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

OMG... look what i found...!! I want them!!!

I'll tell you guys how i go when i test these out on the track... Very high expectations..!!!

Veteran
    Name
    Rob
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

should be 8 days away now

I wonder if that temp range really is what they claim it to be.....

0 to 900..... you would always assume a temp around 75c before they would start to bite properly for a pad that is rated all the way to 900c.

Name
    Bendyaumum
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Thanks Dave!! I will give a report on how these pads go... on the street and on the circuit... I will try my very hardest to induce fade... lets hope these pads are as good as they say... very rarely do i see a pad manufacturer give a graph that has both temperature and coe of friction.... and these pads peak at 0.62!!! thats pure race pad stuff...!! and 0.5 at zero temp!! If it really can do all that... this will be a brake pad that can do every thing!!

BTW... Truenosedan aka AJPS Dave is very helpful when it comes to tracking down sprinter parts... if u need something... very good chance he can help you out... at a good price too... no takumi tax...hahaha!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast