Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What do people say to you

Name
    Justin
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Ok, alot of people i meet tell me that sprinters are only cool/good because of initial d...

Personally my love for ae86s started about 2 months before i even knew what initial d was, i got my hachi and then a mate (think it was THE 86) loant me an inital d dvd, i thought it was pretty cool how in a jap cartoon, they summed up how good our little cars are...

I am a bit sick of comments saying our cars would be worth nothing if initial d never happen ect,

I want to know what you think of this, does initial d have an impact on you liking ae86s, do you think our cars would be worth nothing if initial d never came along, or any other conversation about the topic...
    I started the ball rolling...

Not member #1 anymore

Name
    Ian
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

initial d is a far fetched cartoon

i started my love for the 86 after i bought my first one (didnt know about initial d at that stage) it was just a bunky ae86 with 4age: loved to rev, handled good, sounded good and was quite nimble

after awhile i got a bit bored, so i sold the bunky 86 and decided to mod the te71. i decided to scrap the te71 project due to too much time needed.
    then a clean ae86 stocker popped up so i decided to buy it.
    then a cheap crashed jdm ae86 popped so i bought that too.

and now here i am today, with that clean stocker.

initial d spawned the drift craze, and the drift craze started the ae86 craze which lead to inflated prices and them holding or increasing in value...

"our cars would be worth nothing if initial d never happen ect"

i agree with that statement 100% of the time, but who honestly gives a fuck... i paid what i paid for my car at the time and i wouldn't go back on it... just drive

Name
    Justin
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I liked AE86s well before I'd even heard of InitialD, my brother had one with a 100KW engine in it, just to drive it around the yard was fun enough.. I was pissed at him for not selling it to me, its down in adelaide last I heard..
    Why hesitate when you can accelerate???
    Yellow 1984 KE70 Corolla, 1.3L 4K-C, Tighe 104 Cam, Electronic Dizzy, Dellorto DHLA40s,
    4-1 Hurricane Extractors, 2" Exhaust System, 5 Speed, Factory Mags, Towbar, 33 RWKW Last dyno.

Bad Email Address

i new about initial D well be for i got my hachi (end of last year) even though i have up to series 4 in initial d dvds, that didnt make me want the car, ueo made me want one, and now i got one, i couldnt give a fuck what people say, cause with the money you spend on it you get way more then any skyline

Name
    Huw
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

yeah i had heard of initial d but never seen it before i got my car wasnt till about 2-3 months ago when i first saw an episode thought it was cool how good the 4age sounded in it thats about it.

p.s ive owned my car for nearly a year

Name
    Brendan
    State
    Queensland
    Country
    Australia

in Australia, proberly yes. I heard about Initial D before i heard about 86's but i didnt really take much notice. Like what other people have said what made me love them so much is watchin D1gp and what not, how hard they can rev the engines and how u can throw the car around because they are so light.

i bought my car as a $1000 shitter as transport when i smashed my sw20 mr2. had never heard of the cartoon, and never saw an episode until after i had started pulling the yellow car apart. who cares the cars are just a design freak, that happens to be cheap and fun. great value

Bad Email Address

Was all keen on an 86 way before hearing bout initial D - - still havent even seen an episode of it...dosnt really interest me to say the truth....
    My mate had one ahy and always loved the experience's that were had when he was driving... so I offered to buy it from him, but he wouldnt sell then about 1.5 years later he wanted to sell it so I got it.......funny thing is he now wants it back.......,
    aint going nowhere though......

Name
    Ray
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

i always throught they were rad!!! but Justin made my love for them go off the hook when i went cruising with him!!! damm they rock!!!

i think if they were shit they would be worth nothing! but they arent!!!

they were around inital D
    and were drifted b4 it was made!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast