Thread: Aligning headlights/driving lights

Oldschool Member

Does anyone know how to align headlights?
    My recently aquired ae86 has had some cheap white/blue lights put in it, and on low beam is pretty crappy to say the least... high beam isn't too bad.
    Any Ideas?
    I do a lot of driving at night on twisty pass's and need light.
    How about driving lights? Anyone have experience with brands or types or how good they are? Im talking about the little ones that go on your lower front bar.

Thanks fellas

Name
    Ian
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

put in proper bulbs, not those ricey white lights that actually make the brightness worse.

narva make some good foglights/driving lights. Fairly cheap and easy to install.

u will find 2 screw on each headlight. cant remember which way to twist to angle up and down, and left and right, so just park in front of a wall at night
    and adjust them like that

some roadworthy centers have markings on a wall in the corner of a workshop where they can adjust the headlights properly. Ask nicely and the owner might allow you to adjust your lights for free.

Use the screws at the back of the headlight to adjust them horizontally and vertically.

Remember to adjust the driver's light slightly lower than the passengers so that you don't blind oncoming drivers.

Oldschool Member

So Narva driving lights hey? Any comment on wether to get the ricey blue/white ones or the yellow ones or the normal ones?

are they worth the money in relation to how much extra visibility they give you at night?

Thanks so much

Name
    Ian
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

i got narva bulbs
    made a big difference over the old ones i had

i think they were called plus 40