Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: which mags will fit an AE86?

Name
    Jaidan
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

i am currently searching the net, for spare mags for my car and have come across many that have the same stud patern and sizing as the rims and tyres i need, but they come off a wide variety of cars. Some being r31 skylines others being s13's. i was just wondering if these cars have the same offset as an ae86. i know other toyota's have the same offset, stud paterns but im unsure which ones. any help would be appreciated

possible people who work at a tyre bussiness could supply us with all the info

cheers

I'm fitting 180sx rims (7"s and 8" wide) on my ae86 with 20mm spacers and some roll centre adjusters. Its easier if you tell us what width and offset rims you're looking at and I can work out which will fit and if they're out, by how much.

Name
    Jaidan
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

they are rims off an r31 skyline they're 15" x 6.5 with 225/50/15 tyres on them

cheers for any help

Oldschool Member

I think you will find that the 225 wide tyres are too wide for your 86. A good size to run is 195, 205 tops in my opinion. The s13 silvia NON TURBO has the same 4 x 114.3 stud pattern as the ae86 and usually most wheels for the silvia will fit the ae86 nicely.

As for skyline, Im not sure sorry, but I imagine the early r31 series would have the same 4x 114.3 stud pattern.

Generally, Without any gaurd mods, a 14x7 inch rim, 0 or close to 0 offset with a 185/60/r14 tyre on it will fit very snug.

NA R32's also have the same 114.3 PCD that the silvias, cefiros and ae86's run. As a general rule of thumb most japanese RWD cars made before 1987 have a "RWD offset" (0 or thereabouts) wheras newer RWD's have a "FWD offset" (+30 or thereabouts).

Name
    Jaidan
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

so it should be ok? i went and saw the local tyre place and they said to measure the offset of the mag and compare it to my own. but when you say 0 offset does that mean that theres no differance in offset? or something else?

Oldschool Member

starion mags should fit also

Name
    Jaidan
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

thanks for the info

by the way nice signiture

Name
    Ian
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Actually all s13's are 4x114.3 but the offset they use is in the region of +40
    r31 mags will fit but will sit in a fair bit. all r31s also have the same stud pattern but theyre offset is more suited to a ae86(although not perfect). i think its around +30
    All cefiro, laurels and n/a r32,r33 came in 4stud also with offsets similar to the s13
    i would test fit them on the front because that is where u will have problems with clearance

do a search on google for a detailed explanation on wheel offset.

i would try and find some decent offset wheels and avoid using spacers if you can.

Name
    Jaidan
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

yeah i do want to get proper mags but for $350 for 4 mags with roughly 90% tread i think it's a good deal, even if the mags hapen to be bad. i'll have 4 spare tyres for my other mags.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast