Thread: Speeding fines comming into QR on 31st July

Name
    Chris
    State
    Queensland
    Country
    Australia

I recieved a speeding fine on Sunday the 31st of July. I was traveling from the Cunningham Hwy to QR. Not seeing a speed sign I accelerated up to 100km/h again. I haven't been to QR in over 18 months so I didn't remember the area too well. An unmarked car pulled me over at the gates to QR and told me I was doing 101km/h in a 60km/h zone. On leaving the track that arfternoon I decided to find out why I didn't notice the 60km/h sign. I hardly ever miss a sign and rarely exceed the limit as I can't afford to lose my licence. To my amazement I did not find a sign that said that the zone was 60km/h. I filmed the entire road (thanks Dan) as evidence.

I then remembered a sign that I had seen at Brisbane airport.

So I now have video footage showing that there is no sign on the in-coming road and that the sign says that 100km/h is the default speed limit on rural roads unless otherwise signed. A built up area is defined as a road that allows access to private property and is lit by a series of street lights. I do not believe that Champions Way fits that description.

So with this evidence I have decided to dispute the fine and suspension. If anyone knows someone who was fined for speeding on Sunday give them my email address and I will happily share the evidence

Cheers
    Run what ya brung...............and make damn sure ya brung enough!!!!

Name
    Ash
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

same problem here in perth the worst thing is speed zones that change every two blocks up or less gives me the sh*ts. isnt booking people for being (not talking about your case") a few kays over the limit excessive id think that looking at your spedo and road sighns and stressing about not going over the limit is more distracting to the driver as your not concentrating about whats around you and causeing more crashs in the end.
    GhettoGarage.org

Quote Originally Posted by mild seven View Post
    i cant stand "JDM faggots" (people outside of japan who are MORE JDM than people in japan)

Name
    Huw
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

we didnt get booked but we saw the red commodore pulling people up when we arrived

Name
    Ronald
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Yeh that shit is gay....hope you get out of it.
    Give it to THE MAN! haha

Bad Email Address

Good luck champ... hope it goes well

Hi Mad. From what I remember that section of road is 80 from the Amberley turn-off up to Champions Way. It's been a while since I've been out there myself, maybe things have changed.

Oldschool Member

Im currently off for 3 months.
    Same problem, was driving a 3 lane 70 which changes to 60 further up on a double demerit points day.

Name
    Chris
    State
    Queensland
    Country
    Australia

Hey Candellan, I checked that it is a 100km/h zone. It starts just past that old petrol station and 2 old bombers. I filmed the first spped limit sign of the 100km/h zone and the last one before Champions Way just to make sure that it was a 100km/h zone.

I am fairly confident that the police don't have a case. If anything I just want the suspension dropped but I will push bloody hard to get the whole thing dismissed
    Run what ya brung...............and make damn sure ya brung enough!!!!

Oldschool Member
    Name
    jamie
    State
    brisbane
    Country
    aust

yeah dude, u got it! they have nothing, fight it all the way. 101km/h seems pretty precise did you see the gun? Ive been done twice in the past 3 months by follow speed and it is complite bs...