Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AE82 Parker into AE86: it does work

Bad Email Address

Dont know where to put this, but tech is good enough i think.

Just making a post letting the sprinter guys know if you get into trouble finding a AE86 Parker/Indicator, it is possible to use AE82 parkers to get you by, they dont fit well but they do fit, the wiring is the same so it plugs in and you will need just 2 cable ties to fasten securely the screws dont fit at all.

Someone told me about these afew weeks back so i tried it, i need just one parker to get me by for 2,3,4weeks+ however long it takes to get my new kouki parkers which ive ordered. Looks better than a big hole and dont get hassled by cops at a glance for a dodgy looking ride.

Name
    Ronald
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Good stuff Mark.
    I was wondering about this, i' heard its been done, but have never seen pics.

I've already lost 2 parkers too battles with walls at Calder park.... and more will come.

This should save me money.

Cheers.

Bad Email Address

thanks Ronald, yeah they work fine, and for like $5-$10ea from wreckers, bargain!

A guy from toymods said he has ones that dont leave such a big gap on the side, mine is def AE82(sedan) one maybe another slightly different model corolla would fit slightly better, but its not bad hey! fits pretty mch flush all round if tied in the right spots

got a Q for you too, i'll pm ya

Veteran
    Name
    Rob
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

ae86 ones are $90-100 each brand new

i would rather pay than have the "gap" lol

u can find s/hand ones for $40-60

Bad Email Address

true i would rather pay aswell. You dont think im that much of a tight ass do you? lol this is just to get me by.

I have i ordered a set of Kouki ones brand new for $200, but i gotta wait 3-4weeks or more for them. I looked so hard for a 2nd hand one to get me by but i found none, so this one was free and will get me by til the new ones get here.

But for a keen drifter like Ronald this is a good option i reckon $5-$10ea, you dont wanna wreck them good ones $50-$100ea everytime you go out

Name
    Paul
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Wink

Gay. Just rip the smashed lense off and spray it silver. Looks 10 times better and half as dodgy. Or just dont stack in the first place.

Bad Email Address

i bought my car 2weeks ago with no lense what so ever, hence the dodge job to get my by until my new ones arrive, it helped pass a RWC LOL, not exactly the most thorough rwc but i no complain

Veteran
    Name
    Rob
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

maybe the money saved from getting ae82 should go to better front tyres lol

Bad Email Address

good point! lol

like i said mine wasnt a result of an accident

Bad Email Address

Yeh, was me who suggested this to [MET]

as I currently have one in use on my 86, but it fits like a proper one with out any gaps...? I know the headlight is from a rolla, and the parker is too aparently... it has a lip on the bottom of it like rolla ones... but this was mostly hacked off so it fits there...
    the reason its got 'supposed' rolla items is because my mate who owned it previously hit a kangaroo, and couldnt find sprinter parts to replace the drivers side, parker and headlight.... in the local area or for cheap, so he used rolla items...?

Im not 100% sure, but I always though my drivers side parker was a rolla item.... as it is different when I look at them side by side agaisnt the passenger side sprinter one....?

but it fits none the less, so Im not really concerned.... I will get some new smick ones oneday though, when i can afford such luxuries...hehe

peace

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast