Thread: Project REVS

Bad Email Address

ok boys and girls..the Mattysshop Levin will be out soon! after getting most of the bits needed for my 3SGE conversion, only to have it all sold already, for pretty much what i paid for it (can't complain with that!) got my new motor the other day, and now the time has come..this arvo i mounted it on the engine stand and degreased the 100Kw 4AGE..the motor itself has got unknown km's on it..but one thing is known..it has a blown head gasket between 2-3.

planned build -

ACL gaskets/bearings/rings
    bigport or 256 TRD cams
    JDM bigport ECU with all ancileries & injectors (sp?) possibly with my new HKS P-Fcon piggy back i recently aquired..
    Silver top 4AGE 20Valve Quad throttle bodies
    0.5mm TRD steel head gasket
    Mild port work, mostly just to take out the cast marks etc.
    Decent Headers made by myself and Craig at Extreme engineering

all up, the already factory high Comp 100KW 4AGE should have about 120KW, and a fair bit more torque/power thoughout the revs..and next year when i go to NZ i'll be bringing back a Link Engine managment system..

Matty

*edited because i think u need to be a member to veiw that matty*

Name
    Paul
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Wink

Love the 12 slotters.

Bad Email Address

ha ha ha yeh..those are a mate of mine nathan's (JDM86) i have 'borrowed' them for about 4 months now..but the car has been parked in the garage for 3.5 months

Veteran
    Name
    Yang
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Looking good.

Cheers

Bad Email Address

if you want to see the current progress click here..and follow the pages.

fingers crossed it works..i'm pretty sure that you don't have to be a member to veiw it..it's alot of info/pics to upload on more than 1 forum! ha ha sorry for the lazyness..

matty

Senior Member Medwin_3sGTE_AE86's Avatar
    Name
    Bendyaumum
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Hey mate..! Wish u the best of luck with ur project..!! Those adaptor plates for the quads looks very very sexy..!! As with cams... i'd go at least 288... Any less u wont be doing those adaptor plates justice...
    If u have any troubles... get in touch and i'll help u out as much as i can..!

Bad Email Address

keeping in mind for now it's running the stock ecu..next year i'll get some big cams with the Link ECU i'll be running if you can hook us up with some big cams? ha ha ha, i don't think it will go as good as yours though!

Name
    Bendyaumum
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Nah... If you do everything properly... i'm sure u can get it faster than mine... At a guess, i'd say mine's doing around 170hp at the flywheel. Your cars got heaps of potencial...
    Why dont you do the cams and computer at the same time... i'm running Tighe 288/292 cams... If i were you...i'd run similar duration with TODA items... They've been building race 4age's since they first came out and they have something like 20 different cams for the 16v. While your at it... put in a set of TODA valve train set... for reliability...
    I'd say 288 is about as exteme u'd wanna go for a road car... and it should put out around 190hp if done correctly (200 is a possibility) with 11.5:1 compression, ported head etc...
    Man... if ur car had that.... farrrrk.... it would kick some serious arse....!!

Bad Email Address

i need to save up for my trip to NZ next year..i have only paid for the tickets and i leave in feb!! i'm pocketing an Link ECU whist over there, and it will be first on the cards when i get back i can assure you! for now i'll be happy with 100-110hp @ the wheels..which really shouldn't be out of the question with the setup..even a stocko 100kw should output at least 90hp @the wheels, or i would think atleast!

yeh the head is getting ported tomorow, and decked .4mm, i know a guy that worked for tighe for 8 years..he has given me some advice on which cam profiles work and don't work with certain setups

Name
    Bendyaumum
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Cool... hope everything works out well..!