Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 4AGZE Questions

Oldschool Member

Q1: What sort of boost is safe to run on a 4AGZE I am going to modify it with cams and gears, but I might not rebuild I am not sure yet. It will be a daily driver.

Q2: What is a good base supercharger for about 200rwkw?

Q3: How can boost levels be adjusted with a supercharger. A walkthrough would be nice.

Q4:I was thinking to get 200rwkw zorst, extractors, air filter, supercharger, pulley, cams and cam gears, amount of boost and maybe injectors, and of course a computer. Can anyone else add to this list?

Q5: As I am changing to a 4AGZE would it be best to get a computer suited to the 4AGE for an AE86 or a computer for the engine that I will use?

Q6: I am thinking of rebuilding the 4AGZE before I put it in, what do you thing? benefits and drawbacks, costs included please. It would be great if someone who has done a rebuild can fill me in.

Cheers,

Please the number the question(s) that you are answering, cheers.

Name
    Jason
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

dude, those questions you have asked will involve very detailed answers that will take someone alot of time to write.
    i suggest before you plunge into anything expensive research all of your questions yourself using this site, toymods and all other 86 related sites, you will learn alot along the way and definatly save your self some coin, dont rush into these modifications because you heard they would be good, find out yourself, take your time

Oldschool Member

Well it would be nice to know a computer to use at least...and what is this SC14 that people speak of? I know stuff about turbo's not super's...can someone give me a link to answer any of my questions or a site for the "SC" model superchargers?

Name
    Jason
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

ok well you wont use a AE86 4age computer cos the computer has nothing to do with the shell of the car so my guesse would be to use the computer that came with said engine, dunno just an idea.
    and heres a link,

Bad Email Address

(1) i have seen a 4AGTE with 30psi pumped through daily..stock motor..but all the tuning there..he spun a big end after 6 months..still going with that one new bearing!..depends on the tuning..if you go aftermarket ECU then i think 20PSI is a walk in the park for them with the right tune..it's all about controling detonation..

(2) SC-14..off the 1GGZE doesn't bolt right into place..but does fit quite easily..modify the s/C doen pipe to accept a big 4age/3sge 58mm throttle body.. the stock sc14 pully should make that easy..as it's alot smaller than the sc12 pully (smaller s/c pully same effect as big crank pully)

(3) again the pullys..the faster you spin the s/c the more boost..the only way you can reliabley change the boost of a roots type blower is to change to a different size pulley..

(4) well, mine made about 160KW at the flywheel and i had all that..front mount, 58mm throttle body (gze one is like 47mm) and 10.44psi through the sc12..my cams were just some bigport cams though (little more lift and duration than GZE ones) and i didn't play with the timing, which i should have..there would have been a bit more power with a good tune..i had shit load of port work..made a bit of a difference..13.9 to 13.6 on the 400m

(5) the stock GZE ecu uses a 1 bar map sensor..you can get HKS PF-CON etc etc piggy back units..of an Apexi SAFC2 the injectors will support this..if in doubt 7M-GTE injectors are a little bigger, bolt right in place..and plug right in!

i might not have covered everything here..but all this is first hand..none of that my mates mate, who's uncle had a few years ago shit..i am more than happy to help you out with this target

Matty

Bad Email Address

the GZE pistons are forged, and ceramic coated, and the 4AG heads are one of the best ones toyota/yamaha have made as they are very very detonation resistant..as long as the motor is a runner, i wouldn't crack it open..thats where people run into dramas..if you try and half rebuild one..it won't be the best..but if you go nuts and replace/maching/balance everything..$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

p.s. the inlet manifold on a stock GZE is less than desireable..if you improve it's flow/design i reackon there is about 30hp in it for ya..i didn't think it was that bad till a closer look at the dog leg bends and restrictions!

Oldschool Member

Cheers Matty,

Yeah I was very hesitant to getting it rebuilt, machined, etc, etc.

I was basically thinking of 4AGZE with SC14 running about 14.5 psi (1 bar)

I was going to change the cams and gears.

Since I am getting a 4AGE equipped 86 do you think that it's a good idea to use the 4AGE head on the 4AGZE block?

BTW AE86-slide, I have done a bit of work in the past!!!

About that computer question...I wasn't really paying attention to what I was writing. .

Matty do you know how much of your injectors you are using, because I will just guess that I might use a little more and if you are like 80% or something of the injector cycle then I think I will look into getting injectors off a 1GGZE

Bad Email Address

1GGZE injectors are smaller than 4AGZE ones..i don't know what my injector duty was..but nothing that a ultrasonic clean/rebuild, and a decent fuel pump and malpassi etc etc can't fix on 1 bar i'd imagine it being around 80%..

no not really..i don't think you should use the 4AGE head..as the GZE you want is a smallport motor..the AE86 4AGE are bigport ones..(inlet port size) i'll post a few pics of my old setup for ya..you should use all the gear from the GZE half cut..

Matty

Bad Email Address

pic of it 1 week befor i overheated her and stuffed my beautiful ported head..

Bad Email Address

you see (there is alot of wires and shit!) how the manifold are completely different..the GZE's manifold..has brackets for the throttle body, that sits befor the s/c..and for the s/c itself..

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast