Thread: gze flywheel and clutch setup onto a 4agze (t50)

Oldschool Member

hey guys i just got my new gearbox and my gze flywheel and clutch back. Now the issue i have is that the 4agze heavy duty clutch does not fit onto the input shaft of T50 spline, its too big. thew clucth kit i got was an exceedy for a 4agze. it was a fwd clutch that i got, so im thinking that is my issue. any thought how i can get out of this situation cheaply, short of buying a new clutch plate.

Name
    Jesse
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

you need a sprinter (T50U clutch plate...you will most likely also run into trouble when it comes time to bolt the box and motor together....the pressure plate should hit the bell housing....iv got bellhousing to suit a T50 here that has been mchined out to accomodate the bigger flywheel...

regards
    jesse

Oldschool Member

yeah i have had the gze flywheel and pressure plate machined to fit under a standard t50 bell housing. everything will bolt up, its just that the spline on the clutch plate is too big for the input shaft spline.

Bad Email Address

well.

have i got a deal for you, or what?

i've got a month old exedy 4 puck clutch disc in my car that fits the t50.

i'm putting a w58 in my car, which runs the same spline as a 4agze...

what diameter is the clutch disc you have, cos if they're the same, ie 212mm, then wanna swap?

Bad Email Address

yeh the E58 box behind the FWD gze has similar gear clusters to a W5x boxes..and the input spline is much bigger than a T-50, as steve said..same as a W5x spline..a clutch shop should be able to whip up a new clutch disc..a heavy duty exceedy disc is the same as a normal standard issue one..clamping pressure is upped a wee bit though..your best off NOT going organic..especially if your going drifting..i just got a mate of mine (dougie at NPC) do build me a custom 4AGE setup..with the intention of GZE..it was pretty meat axe! no slippage..even though it was stuffed after driveing it to work..and over speed bumps etc etc..these kinda clutches don't like to be ridden..just on or off..

Bad Email Address

i really can't see a clutch plate costing over about $50..just tell them to modify this one..with a T-50 'big' spline (as apposed to the TA22 2T T-50 with a smaller spline)

Oldschool Member

yeah i had to get a new clutch disk as the spline from a fwd 4agze is a bigger size. it cost me 180 to get a heavy duty exceedy 4puk disk with the right spline. the sprinter lives again