Oldschool Member
    Name
    Roy
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Hey Guys,

Just a question for all you supercharged hachi drivers.

Just out of interest, what boost do you run around about and do any of you run later model/aftermarket blowers than the sc12 (If that's what comes stock on the 4agze). Has anyone tested how much boost the stock charger can handle? To the point of destruction

Cheers,
    -Roy

As I said it's just out of interest cause I was discussing with a mate so I don't need any "You're a toss asif you'd use that much boost etc.." comments.

im runing standard sc12 at 7psi some people say you can run upto 15 psi on a standard sc12 with either nevo kit or ea falcon ac pulley havent tried it yet but i will one day

Oldschool Member

I second that...The SC12 has been proven to melt at 15psi, so propably safe around 10-12psi

Bad Email Address

they can pump up to 18psi..for how long..how long is a piece of string? ...it's wheather or not it's efficient at that PSI or not..liek a turbo..it needs to be efficient..anything over 13psi, from what i see is kinda a waste of time with the SC12..the air gets much much too hot..and the sc is still spining it's tits off with all this really really hot air..and we all know how good hot air compresses, not good at all!..and how awsome it is not for turbo/s/c setups..you usually over drive them..but the boost that you see..will prolly be about the same as if you ran a NEVO 13-14psi pully..any more and it's melting the teflon rotors with all that heat..and then it doesn't seal properly..then it's just a big paper weight..

Matty

Bad Email Address

an SC14 at 12psi flows much more than an SC12 at 12psi..and acheives it much more efficiently.. eg. without the heat..

Name
    Tuan
    State
    Nsw
    Country
    Australia

I have head than you can run 14psi all day every day for about 2-3years of everyday drive.
    My mate is doing the EA falcon pulley on his car now.
    Give it about 14psi. and would only cost $100-$150 for the mod.

a little bit cheaper than the Nevo pulley. the down site is, the s/c run all the time. shorter life for the s/c.

but they are cheap anyway($200). you can replace it when ever you like.

Bad Email Address

ive seen a sc12 last 8 drift track days with a nevo 14psi kit the it gave up and only pumped 4 psi

Oldschool Member
    Name
    Roy
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Does anyone know how much you can run through an SC14?, someone told me that they don't hold much over about 10-13psi. Plus I like the fact that you can disengage due to them being a clutch type blower.

If I wanted to go nuts on a 4agze, forgies(I know they have them but I'm talking fully forged), cams, everything etc.. To hold big boost and make pretty decent to big power what blower would be the best? How many different sized/type blowers can be disengaged similar to the SC14?

Bad Email Address

the sc12 for one..same kinda setup..the ecu tells it to turn on and off through a series of vaccume diaphrams etc..

PEOPLE..it's not how much boost that is being produced..it's how much it's actually flowing..12psi at 1.4L per revolution (sc14) happens alot easier/efficiently, and obviously generates less heat because the bigger blower isn't working as hard to make the same boost as an sc12 (1.2 litres per revolution)..not to mention it takes less effort to turn the sc14 to make that boost, as we all know running a belt driven s/c does suck some power off the motor..it's all about efficientcy

Matty

Name
    Justin
    State
    DC
    Country
    USA

in qld, do gze's need to be engineered or just mod plated?

thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast