Hey sportsfans,

After asking Mr Young about what his future conquests consist of, just thought I'd make a more dedicated thread on what the hell is going on in terms of national competition in Australia.

So, after going strong in 2006, and not really expanding at all after that in 2007 and 2008, 2009 bought Drift Australia to a pretty big halt. Instead of the multi-round series a national competition should have, instead a single round is being run in Sydney. I'm not going to go on about the incompetence of the organizers to have a contingency plan for sponsorship, etc, but more concerning is simply, what happens now?

According to the DA website, they've been bought out by the organizers of DriftFest, which was successful from the reports I've heard. More entertainment based with DJ's, girls, etc. They hope to rebuild it into a national competition again with a multi-round series in 2010, according to their press release.

Let's face it, no one has really been happy with DA. But, there are quite a few questions to be asked regarding the future of the sport in the country.

Will Ninety Degree Entertainment (the new owners of DA) keep with the DA name, rules, etc? Or will they actually adapt it to what the growing sport needs at the moment, instead of an idealistic competition suited more to where the sport is established? Has anyone else heard of another national drift event that could possibly fill the void currently left by the stagnant DA brand?

So many questions, so few answers. So, any rumours going around? Eh eh eh?