Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: AE86 For Me

I've decided to start again with my thinking.
    I'm gonna do my brake suspension and body work first. Then I'm gonna buy a 4AGE rebuild it with a few thirsty bits. Hopefully have it all ready and running then "DONK" in it goes.

That's the plan. But when it comes to car not alot goes according to plan with me.
    Hopefully have this started mid next yr now.

Bad Email Address

u'll get there man..... mines been hibernating in the garage for the last year.... havent done shit to it... next year is the year tho...

ur plan sounds good champ.... if I get the chance.... sometime in the next 3 months after I get my ride fixed and back on the road I'll have to meet up with u while Im in Syd...

Yeah man for sure
    Or if I've got a free weekend me and the Girl might trek down there for a day. If it's good weather might stay for the weekend.

Bad Email Address

yeh champ whatever ahy.................I will prob be spendin most of my time in Syd over the coming weeks tho.. workin with my old man and fix'n my ride... have to tow it up on a trailer.... tryn to get my license sorted so I can drive after its fixed....

Good news for me!!!!
    Should be landing myself some dosh in the next few weeks (I love back pay) Which will inturn lead to my new suspension setup. I'll post some pics once I've got all the bits. Just thought I'd keep everyone updated with where I am.

Cheers All
    Josh

Bad Email Address

Good news indead.................. what u specificly planning on doing...?

Not exactly sure yet man...
    Got a few people pointing me at things to look at. Honestly I'm still learning about the haichi's. But the more I learn and do myself the easier stuff will be in the future.

Looking at spending up to $2K on the suspension setup. And I'm getting new wheels as well. Something different. I'll keep everyone updated with how things are going.

Bad Email Address

cool........... theres so many options to choose from now ahy...

Ive been thinkin as well............ gona set my car up for more grip than slip... still want it to be easy to slide but I want it to stick like a bitch as well......... if thats achievable or not who knows... somewhere in between I guess..

Veteran
    Name
    Yang
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Be sure to post up pics on the progress

Cheers

Well... After reading one of my own posts I perhaps should of taken my own advice. "Don't let your emotions control the car"
    My car didn't quite make it home last night... Even with the Mighty 4AC I managed to keep her in the Red most of the way home from.... a friends place.... Got half way home.... Temp needle decided to make a hard right and sit in the Red. Considering I already had the shits this just made me even worse... It started to cough and chug so I pulled up. Opened the bonnet.....

There was Oil Burnt and caked onto everything in the engine bay. My overflow bottle was boiling and had black in it as well. Left it for 10 mins put some fresh oil and water in it. Tried to start it. It backfired like a MO FO and then wouldn't kick anymore.

So.... Good time for a complete tear down and rebuild.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast