Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Post your girlfriend with your hachi thread

Bad Email Address

My ex-fiancé was a control freak, psychotically so in fact. He said he would kill me if I left but it got to the point where I figured death was preferable to staying with him. It was a full two months after I left him before I could look ahead of me when I was walking around in public rather than keeping my eyes glued to the floor and another six months before I could bring myself to check out other guys. The first day I did that without feeling a twinge of guilt such a feeling of freedom washed over me, it was bliss.

I'm a totally different (and much stronger) person now than I was back then.

But maybe that whole experience has something to do with my fear of commitment and marriage now.

yeah. my new guy (new?) lets me talk to other guys.

I'm not sure if he goes mad inside his head about it. but he doesn't get mad at me. which is nice.

Name
    alex
    State
    wa
    Country
    australia

Man, that guy sounds like a complete tool. At least you made the jump. So many people are so intimidated into staying with a parner, its amazing.

And I can understand why they took away your licence . A friend of mine wasn in a bad situation once, and now she will not take any shit from anyone (sometimes a bit too much), She would never allow herself to get into that situation again, but if she did, man, I would not want to be that guy

Yeah...
    S**T Like that gets me so revved up. It works the other way as well. I know guys who are controlled by there missus'. It's all head games. Me... Pffft. I'm too easy I think.

I might post a pic of my Girl with my Haichi tonight. if I can take a pic that is.

well yeah. when you are constantly told you are quite worthless and deserve how you are treated (as in "i treat you well. you won't get this from a different guy") at a point you start to maybe believe it.
    it is so much worse if the relationship is a really good one to start with becasue you think back to when it was great and hold a hope it'll get like that again if you stick around.

the worst thing about it all being head games is it stays with you.
    sometimes i get thrown back to the feelings/reactions that i acquired from my ex and it is VERY unfair on my wonderful boyfriend cos it stuffs him up as well. and i go weird and...

a friend once said the guy before you can ruin it for you. i try not to let it though...

Name
    alex
    State
    wa
    Country
    australia

Yep, I know exactly what you mean, relationships can fcuk with your head sometimes.

yeah... He does his best to deal with it...
    anyways people.
    I'm gonna go.

Later

Name
    Dave
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Indi/dream2drift that sounds painfully famailiar... emotional abuse is very hard, but its true, you try to make the good times outweigh the bad and emeber back to when it was good, but you can only do it for so long.. i had the violence in it as well... psycotic as well, but never ever his fault, it was my fault or anyone elses but his.. its weird though.. it took friends finding out about it for me to actually do something... because its not like bang they own the relationship straightaway... its so gradual that you dont realise until its too late.. and its easier doing nothing than trying to do something about it.. but as linda says, there is always a point of realisation where its just too much.... this guy was silly enough to threaten my baby sister ( my little 19 yr old sister is the sparkle in my eyes, id kill to defend her ) i mean, threaten me, threaten my car, threaten whatever, but dont talk shit about my family.
    He paid the price, and is still paying, 3 years down the track. The position of power has shifted.
    Im never getting married.

My dad in my Trueno

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast