Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Got ripped off :(

Name
    Steve
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Took my car into a "reputable" workshop here in canberra with engine already in and mounted, with a quote of $5500 to install and tune a haltech, intercooler and fuel lines.
    They said it would take two week, it took two and a half months. and the cost blew out to $7100. Got them back to 6g when i asked why things like radiator mount (bent metal) cost $145...
    I now have a car that has:I'm sure there's more but i'm just too pissed off too write anymore

Dude!!! Ouch!!! i feel for you Dont they have an obligation to stick by the quote, or at least inform you if its going to go over???

$5500??? To instal and tune a Haltec, it shouldn't cost more than $1000, so $4500 for intercooler and fuel system??? dude!!! i hope that included parts!!!

Name
    Jaidan
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

sh!T thats expensive!

i'm also worried about something like this happening if i take my car somewhere for worked to be done to it. because where i get it service is like you cant have your car until the total payment is done, so what happens if they do this to your car and you cant afford it???

is there anything legal we have to back ourselves up with??

Name
    Joel
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Moral of the story...do of much of things as you can and learn as you go = massive cost savings + knowledge
    AE86 4AGE "Slowly but surely"

Name
    Chris
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

phuck me dead, thats nuts... hope u sue them krunts
    1984 JDM Zenki Trueno GT-Apex Hatch
    4AGE 16V
    +Quads, HKS 264 cams, Microtech LT10s, TRD gearset gearbox, TRD2WAY LSD, fun!

FOR SALE: JDM 4AG PACKAGE+ITEMS (ENGINE/GBOX/EXHAUST/ECU/SHIT)

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...ad.php?p=15205

Name
    Ray
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

take your car off them and only pay them for what they done they are f***ing with you if so get the cops or Accc on to the and they will fix it real fast i hate people that rip you off

Name
    Steve
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

ACCC won't touch it because i don't have the initial quote in writing (lesson learned!) and because it is a "modified vehicle" there is not a technical standard to compare it against.
    They said, I have to confront the guy, then if nothing happens, write a nasty letter, then if nothing happens, take it to a small claims court.

The basic run down on costs was $2200 *supply* and tune haltec, $1600 for PWR core and piping, $800 for fuel system (surge, lifter, pump, lines) and $900 for labour and parts.

Up until now I have been doing most of the work myself, just thought I'd leave the electrics, fuel and cooler to someone who know what they're doing would leave me with a better result....

Oldschool Member

dude that sucks, it's sh!t like this that gives us mechanics a bad name, don't lose all faith there are some honest people still out there.

Veteran
    Name
    Ben
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i payed 4grand for a friggen motec m48 custom loom all new sensors and i though what was ripp off. espesioly when i got home and noticed that there was no cold start injector........

Bad Email Address

thats sick talk man... hope u can sort somethin out with the dodgy phuckaz..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast