Thread: Wheel Offset

I was just wondering about the offset for wheels. Im running 14x7 with zero offset. I have my guards pumped at least an inch and theres probably a 25mm gap on the passenger side and 20mm gap on the driver side (running standard pan-hard rod) So if i were to run 8-8.5 inch wheels it wont be possible to run zero offset?

It would need to be positive 10 or sumthing???

Name
    alex
    State
    wa
    Country
    australia

Still staying 14"?

If you go for 8", with the same zero offset, that will give you an extra 1/2" of "dish" each side, which is equal to approximately 13mm. If you go for a tyre size that gives you the same "bag" shape as on the 7" wheels, then you will only have 7mm clearance on the drivers side. If you get an adjustable panhard rod, you could have an equal 9.5mm clearance each side.

If you go for a tyre size with more "stretch", then you will have even better clearance.

Either way, its cutting things pretty close. You might get away with it, but a 5mm offset will make it easier. I am only talking about the clearance to the guard lip on the rear as well, you will need to measure up the clearance for the inner guards etc as well. Should be OK though.

If you want the outside of the rim to be at the same point as your current 7" rims, then the 8" will need 13mm (15mm?) offset, and the 8.5" rims will need 19mm (20mm?) offset.
    But at the same time, this will bring the inner edge of the rim closer to the inner guard, shocks. etc. EG, 8" with 15mm offset will be 28mm closer, 8.5" with 20mm offset will be 39mm closer

have fun measuring