Thread: diesel in your oil change

Name
    Poh
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

hi guys i've been told by a friend in the oil change if you havent changed the oil or has run really think you can pour in abit od diesel to clean out the remaining residue,

i searched this up on the new toymods and was wondering if this was true and has anyone done it and anything i should be aware of before attempting it myself

"Also, diesel can be used to clean the oil system. You can actually run a car using diesel as THE oil (diesel is a light lubricating oil). I've done it a couple of times to flush out the sludge. Drain oil, pour in diesel, allow to soak for a bit, start the engine, allow to idle for a few minutes(make sure the oil light turns off) and then drain the sump again. Repeat if nessessary to properly clean the sludge out.

I've also seen diesel used for 2 weeks in an old lazer. The thing had been neglected for 10 years, never had an oil change, and had been continually topped up. Eventually the oil crystalised into hard chunks and eventually the cam siezed in the head, snapping the belt. Cam was unseized, and bearing points were sanded. Head was chiseled out, sump dropped, chiseled tand oil pickup cleaned as best as it could be. It was flushed several times with diesel. Diesel was used as the only lubricant for 2 weeks while being driven gently to and from the workshop (ie home and back). Theory being that it might soften up the remains of the crystalised oil. It seemed to work because once "

Bad Email Address

dunno hey.. just don't let your engine get to that stage!! which is sad because most imports do.. they hardly ever get serviced there..

Name
    Paul
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

if we get a car in at work with noisey lifters we put in half a litre of diesel in the oil and run it for 20 minutes "not fanging the shit out of it and only when motor is hot" and replace the oil with good non synthetic oil usually does the trick
    mitsubishi engines...colt,magna,pajero smokey old bastards arnt they.....no not really drain oil if they blow smoke like hell . fill engine with diesel until oil level run for 10 seconds then stop immediatly and put cheap oil in and run 100ks easy driving and then replace oil with some good oil....she wont smoke for at least 9 to 12 months

Bad Email Address

yeh sticky lifters can be fixed like than.. in car like mitsubishis, or mazda, anything with hydralic lifters.. half a cup of kero, and half a cup of auto fluid can be used also de varnisher