Thread: JDM efi fuel pump

Name
    Darren
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

does anyong no if a JDM fuel pump bolts into the ADM tank or do you need a whole JDM tank and where would i buy one if i can thanks

Name
    Jonathan
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

As far as I know, yes the EFI pump fits the Aussie tank.

You have to drop the tank down. Through the inspection hole in the boot, there is a round fitting in the tank. This is for fuel level gauge only, don't touch that. If you drop the tank down there is another round fitting further forward. The 4A-C spec one has tubes running down in the tank for fuel pickup with a little filter at the bottom. This is the unit the EFI pump and mount replaces, and should bolt in.

But it would be best to change the metal fuel lines under the car to ones with the screw fittings like the factory 4A-GEU spec ones. But, you can just replace all the rubber fuel hose bits with better new stuff, and just hose clamp it.

(I have not done this yet, my pump has not arrived)

Name
    Darren
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

thanks where are u getting your pump from im after one the guy i was trying to get it off wants a photo so even when u get you could u send me a pick thanks

Just out of interest:

The SV21 camrys have the same OEM fuel pump number as the JDM Levin/Truenos did.

I think the oly time you have to upgrade the fuel lines is when you go turbo and need a higher rate, other than that, My old Hacji had a Bosch 044 plubed into the 4AC lines, the old problem is tha under a quater of a tank, it surged, i'm now using a R31 intank just attached to the shortened 4AC pickup (see pic) where your 4AC fuel filter used to sit, put a universal EFI fuel filter in and run it back as the supply line.

Dont remember to replace all your hoses with EFI line too.

Name
    Darren
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

hey man thats the sorta shit im looking for i dont want to run a external pump. are you running that pump at the moment and do u no anyone who has tried the camry pump

Name
    Will
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

the camry fuel pump plate (the top bit that screws to the fuel tank)

is NOT a direct bolt on to the sprinter fuel tank. a mate of mine is running one on his sprinter, and he had to re-drill holes in the plate to make it fit.

I never said the fuel plate, I said the pump, and yeah, I am running it now

parrot

I think the actual pump is common to a few toyotas. What is different is the carrier bracket it sits in and that you screw into the tank. The obvious difference being that it effects where the fuel pickup is in relation to the bottom of the tank. But yes you can put an EFI bracket into an Aust tank.

Name
    Justin
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Here is how I tackled the issue of installing a lifter pump into my fuel tank..

Why hesitate when you can accelerate???
    Yellow 1984 KE70 Corolla, 1.3L 4K-C, Tighe 104 Cam, Electronic Dizzy, Dellorto DHLA40s,
    4-1 Hurricane Extractors, 2" Exhaust System, 5 Speed, Factory Mags, Towbar, 33 RWKW Last dyno.

Oldschool Member

easiet option i think is using a ae82 twin cam fuel pump and bracket, is exactly the same as 4age ae86 but needs extending about 25mm (from memory and this was done 5 years ago) so it reachs the bottom of tank.

the pump is exactly the same, same plugs etc, this setup has performed the duties for 5 years on my brothers car which has about 95kw at wheels, stock carby fuel line have been used just new rubber hose and hose clamps