Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 1JZGTE 2.5 Twin turbo conversion on a AE86

Oldschool Member

Hey guys i'm looking around for some option of engines to go in my 86 for more power..I'm not going rotary..The option was the 1JZGTE standard coz they have plenty over power standard which means no upgrades needed..i've look at the the SR20 but u need lots of mod's 2 get that to 280HP's.. Plus i do'nt want lag thats why i chose the twin turbo..This car is going 2 b for drift but i have noticed that all the tracks here in australia have long sweeping corners so you'll need plenty of power and entry speed.. So what does everybody else think????

Julz01

I would think that it is going to be hard to do this conversion mate, just because I dont think that there are really many ae86 in oz with one in, I think ive seen one in a magazine that had a 1jz. Obviously if you have the cash to cover it anything is possible.

Many ae86 drifters use the 4age in theres and from the pictures they dont seem to have much a problem why not just go for a 4agte if you really want a turbo, there are a couple around that are pull 200+rwkw.

Veteran
    Name
    David
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i personally think that it would have too much weight in the front, if you want it to drift just follow the common rule of SR or CA, they are light enough and make enough power stock to be a competent drifter, as your skills improve bump up the power, it may cost a little extra to get the power you are after. wheras you might save money with the 1J it will be harder to drift.

save money = harder to drift
    spend more = better to drift

choice is yours..... i'd know what i'd do!

Name
    Paul
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Wink

I'm resisting the urge to flame here but i'll be nice.

Bad idea for drift or anything that involves the car turning.

1j's are heavy motherfuckers. The car would be total arse to drive and it would be a pain in the arse to fit as well. Its a tight fit in my cressida and the cressida was made to take a straight 6. If you're hell bent on spending shitloads of money to hide lack of talent then go the SR20. I can assure you the standard power of an SR is more than enough in a 900kg AE86. If you think you need more then you should look at investing some time and money in upgrading the nut behind the wheel.

Love mumblezzz.

Oldschool Member

Thanks for the insight. . but the thing is i do'nt want lag so if i do go a turbo on my 4AGE then i was thinking a missfire set up so there's no lag but in saying that i would have to b able to turn it off the miss fire when not in use coz of the noise..(coz as we all know it makes lots of banging...)It's a weekend driving car plus track-street drift..200 rwd kw's would b great but i find that the work i would have to do on my 4AGE would b crazy plus it is a AE92 bottom end with a AE82 head on it to make the compression higher in saying that i would have to lower the compression if i put the turbo on it..

Name
    Nick
    State
    Qld
    Country
    Aus

what paul said...

dude just buy a 4agze 1/2 cut...sell the blower & strap a turbo on it. By far the easiest option & you'll find you have more than enough hp

Oldschool Member

missfire set up

The missfire setup is used mostly in rally car's to hold boost at idle i've always wanted to try it in drift as to eliminate lag all together.. Any idea's what size/type turbo i should use... t28 t25 ????

Worst Weight Ratio Ever

4agte with anti lag would be the shit

Veteran
    Name
    David
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

s15 t28 would be best reliability wise, but something smaller again if you want no lag (t25)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast