Thread: I W.T.B an LSD for my 86

Bad Email Address

Hey,

I wanna get an LSD for my Hachi, but i dont know which is a gud LSD to buy?? Can any of u guys recommend anythin dats no to expensive (around 1k) and dat'll get me sidewayz

Now, i got another problem... ive been told by the old owner that it has a celica diff- i jus dont know if it is the centre or the whole diff. Are there any numbers on the diff that'l tell me if its sprinter or celica??? or how can i find out????

Thanksss

Veteran
    Name
    Rob
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

i can do a trd 2 way for $1250 to your door is about the cheapest you will get

it will be an ra40 celica diff, same as t18 just slightly different mounts

Oldschool Member

just a question how hard is it to put in a ra40 diff in a sprinter??? Is it pretty much straight in or is more to it coz i need one as well as i only have a single spinner standard diff.....

Name
    Thurston
    State
    Vic
    Country
    Australia

I too am shopping for an LSD. KAAZ seems to be the cheapest at about 1150 with 2 cans of oil. But the others arnt a great deal more expensive. Does anyone have any opinion as to which is strongest?

Bad Email Address

i wouldnt be able to tell you coz the previous owner put this diff in... sorry dude

Name
    James
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

From what ive heard from people, Kazz is the way, tighter then trd + you get the oil for it.

Im thinking TRD maybe easier/cheaper to rebuild when it needs one. I could be wrong thou.

Cheers

Steve
    Insert witty comment here....

Name
    Jeremy
    State
    Vic
    Country
    Straya

I can help you get a KAAZ LSD in 1, 1.5 or 2 way operation, early (Zenki) or late (kouki) model, with the 2 lt. bottle of oil brand new for about $950 every day of the week.

The KAAZ is superior to the TRD and cusco as it has the largest clutch plates for its sized centres and has greater torque for breaking.

I have a 2 way KAAZ in my car and if run in correctly, the diff isnt noisy at all, is very very tight and hooks up perfectly and prediciatbly every time. I have driven both a TRD and a cusco and the KAAZ just breaks traction mor linearly and predictably.

PM me if you want the contact.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Veteran
    Name
    David
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i have KAAZ, KAAZ is good, heaps of people have said they are noisey ,but mine is quiter than the old open centre! as long as you run it in as per instructions. i found though after i ran it in and put new KAAZ oil in it still was abit on the loud side so i changed to a heavier oil (85/140) bye bye noises!

Oldschool Member

hey guys
    Which lsd goes in which diff??
    I was told that the only way to get a lsd to fit standard adm sprinter diff was to buy second hand jap lsd! And that i should get a late model t18 diff and driveshaft because there are heaps of lsds that fit that diff?? I do have access to the t18 diff and am happy to do the swap but can anyone tell me exactly what the deal is??
    Cheers
    Cerby

Name
    Steve
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

The ADM diff is a 6.38" crown wheel the T18 should be a 6.7" diff and there are more LSD's available for them.

Merridian Motorsport in melb has Kazz diffs.
    Sprinter Veteran