Thread: Building 4age

Name
    John
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Hey,
    I was thinkin about building up a 4age like some of u guys have done, with the ze bottom end, 100kw head, cams, computer etc. Do u reckon it'll be worth the money doin all this or just get a rebuild on the bigport?,how would it be HP wize or cheaper to get somethin different?, cept id rather stay 4age.
    I just wanna use this as a weekend car sorta thing so i dont mind if its off the road for ages despite what my dad whinges about....For the money factor i can get a loan through contacts and prob have a few grand to spend. Im not a mechanic and have little experiecnce in doin anythin to an engine, so prob workshop quotes.

Write bac what u think.............

cheers

John

Name
    Will
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

learn to spell and grammarcise

do some research. lots of what you have mentioned doesn't really make sense.

with limited mods, it really doesn't matter what version of 4AGE you use at all.

if you want big power, forget NA, its just too expensive to get any decent numbers.

Name
    John
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Well first of all capt. grammer i dont care thats how i write, and what part didnt make sense? I was just thinkin of ZE for the forgies and stronger internals. Ive done heaps of research on toymods and stuff but u gotta pay to join that place so i just read threads, so i just want some feed bac from pple who have done somethin like this. Also im not after 200kw at the wheels dream on crap, im just thinkin of upgrading sometime.

Bad Email Address

Just quote the power you would like to have , and see if anyone has got to that level and with what modifications .

Some budget builds that come to might mind are just the simple 100kw , bigport cams and ecu { about 100hp atws } .

And 100kw , aftermarket cams 264 , adjustable cam wheels , stock 100kw ecu piggy backed , needed a rev limiter cut badly , ITB's , ITB adaptor plate , aftermarket exhaust manifold , 2 1/2" exhaust { about 115-120hp atws at 7250rpm }

Or bigport mild head work , cams 272 , adjustable cam wheels , 42mm webers and manifold , regraphed dissy , stock exhaust manifold , bigger exhaust { 125-130hp atws at 8500rpm }

Name
    anz
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

if ur a titeass forget about na
    =)

Name
    John
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

NA is a hell of a lot cheeper than supercharging, or turbo

Bad Email Address

GZE bottom end is far to low compression for NA.. get a 100kw.. some people will argue black and blue that the bottom ends are the same as GZE ones.. others will say there are ever so slight differences.. either way, it's still a strong bottom end.. even the big ports are still good..

i would honestly just rebuild your bigport.. rings bearings.. chuck in a nice thin head gasket.. eg .5mm TRD steel one ( i can supply extreamly cheap, PM for details) deck the head a little bit, clean up the ports.. a set of extractors..and if you can some slightly bigger cams..even if it's just a mild increase.. eg TRD 252's you will definitly notice a completely different behaving engine.. after market ECU is optional, but always a good idea to see the max potential..

Name
    John
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Hey Matty,
    I'll Pm u today about head gasket, what u mean deck the head, u mean shave the head? and i was thinkin of 272 deg inlet and whatever ext, 260 somethin. Can u get them cheap aswell? , u reckon cam gears are worth the money just for advanced timing or can this be done usin existing cam and makin them vernier cams and was thinkin about Haltech computer setup, or will this just be an exp waste of time.

cheers

John

Name
    Alex
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Good stuff building a NA 4age. It seems like everyone just goes to s/c, 20v or turbo for power (for obvious reasons) but NA 16vs are ausome I rekon. good luck with it all and dont listen to what anyone says (unless theyre giving you advise about the build up ).

Name
    John
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Cheers flaming,
    anyone know someone in syd who does all this porting and stuff?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast