Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 4agze conversion problems

Bad Email Address

Ok. 4agze conversion and Im having a few problems.

Firstly. Who runs a thermo on their radiator, or who attaches the fan to the fwd water pump pulley?

How do you set the supercharger to come on? Can you make it come on from a reading of pressure from the inlet manifold rather than use throttle position?

Thanks.

Bad Email Address

don't run a fan on your FWD water pump.. it will live a short life.. thermo is fine to run..

AFAIK factory ECU uses vaccume to turn the s/c on/off, but not sure if it uses Throttle possi also..

Bad Email Address

Yeah thanks very much mate. It lasted about 100 mtrs down the road.

Yeah vacuum pressure seems alot more sensible to have it set to so the charger doesnt kick in like when in neutral giving it a small revs!

I am running the stock ecu out of ae101 gze. So vacuum pressure.. !!

Thanks heaps.

Bad Email Address

yep.. it should actually boost on free revving though.. mine did.. if you T off the ABV you can get about 11psi out of the AE92 map and the AE101 GZE's.. almost identicle engine/ecu's

you could set it up with an external controller to turn on at 4000rpm.. just imagine that.... driving along.... WOW!! sideways...!!! just a thought.. but you will break stuff if you do that

Bad Email Address

Also the supercharger has been put before the throttle body. Is this better for throttle response? I makes a loud whirring sound after you shut the throttle shut. Is this a better set up?

AEGZE

i have my charger running constantly. lol..i know i know..but yeah~ its interesting. what i did was run 2 wires from the battery straight to the charge plug, and the charger is turning even at idle. no lag at all haha. but remember to pull out the plug every time u switch off ur engine to go home to sleep or something, cuz it drains ur battery.

Bad Email Address

Yeah that would be good fun but thing I am more worried about is the very loud sound it makes when the throttle closes and traps the compressed air from the charger.

Just wondering how many people run this configuration? THROTTLE AFTER THE CHARGER. At the moment there is a blow off there but I think maybe a plumb back would be better.

Bad Email Address

befor the t/b!!??? WTF?? who did that? i really can't see it being a posotive at all..the factory setup is pretty much the best way.. fix up a few of the terrible bends, and a decent inlet manifold.. get some very very decent hp..

Bad Email Address

A workshop did it.

I supplied a ae101 half cut to do the conversion. Should have been all straight forward.

What do you think I should do about it?

Oh yeah.. It made 88rwk before the fan broke......

Bad Email Address

different dyno's read different etc.. but on a dyno dynamics dyno in shootout mode mine did 104RWKW.. stock with front mount and 2.25" exhaust..

it's up to you.. i honestly don't know how one would run in that setup.. but all the stock setup needs is a little attention paid to the bends, and inlet manifold.. and it will work really really well even stock they work nicely

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast