Name
    Rob
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

ae86 discs - 234mm

ae71 discs - 218mm

as for the strut towers, im unsure, but strut top to strut top is identical ie. strut braces fit each other

Oldschool Member

you didn't happen to pull apart the actual mirrors to see how much is the same? i have a set of late model power mirrors that have stuffed motors in them.

SV11 also have the same power mirror switch as ae86

Veteran
    Name
    David
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

ae86 stuts go into a ke70 and vice versa, the only differenc is the KE70 strut itself has a smaller diameter.

parrot

you didn't happen to pull apart the actual mirrors to see how much is the same? i have a set of late model power mirrors that have stuffed motors in them.

Nope!

i know for a fact that ae82 headlights are the same as aus spec ae86 but the brackets that hold them to the radiator support pannel are different. speaking of which, I need some!! P.M me if you have any!!
    only catch being you will need longer screws and some spacers to fit your grill.
    heard that ae82 front indicators and park lamps are the same, NOT TRUE! myth BUSTED!
    look similar, completly different. different shape, wont fit in guard and screws all in wrong places.
    so i also need some ae86 parkers! lol
    ae82 and ae86 bonnet hinges are the same, and ae82 under bonnet fuse/relay box can be used in ae86 with a few spare slots for fuses and relays. plugs right in! ,just need to mount it differently.

Name
    Clint
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

what steering arms go into ae86s to get more lock?? and will they fit into a ke70??

apprently its the jdm ones that had power steering. if it fits a ae86 it will fit a ke70. also im told that a ae86 rack is slightly different internally and will give you more lock compared to a ke70.

Bad Email Address

AE86 rack has 1 extra tooth giving it more lock over KE70 rack. I did the conversion 2 weeks ago.

AE86 steering arms will not bolt onto a KE70 without AE86 struts. It's the power steering arms that you want for more lock.

Name
    Clint
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

so if i did the s13 coilover conversion it wouldnt work with the power steering arms??

huh?? if you did a s13 coil over conversion you wont need the power steering arms.
    on s13's the steering arms and part of the spindle/knuckle what ever you want to call it.
    have a look at the thread with pics for more info.
    doing the s13 conversion will give you more lock anyway,

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast