Damn... what a bump!

On that note... Send me the chime.

Name
    Chris
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dori_Dori @ Apr 17 2006, 04:47 PM) </div>fuck off it does. Put up with mine for nearly a year and god i hate highways.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pumpkinking @ Apr 17 2006, 05:10 PM) </div>agreed, fkn ridiculous. I tend to stay at 104 on the hwy as, as soon as you hit 105km/h it blasting in ya face.

(side note: nice thread dig :/)
    1984 JDM Zenki Trueno GT-Apex Hatch
    4AGE 16V
    +Quads, HKS 264 cams, Microtech LT10s, TRD gearset gearbox, TRD2WAY LSD, fun!

FOR SALE: JDM 4AG PACKAGE+ITEMS (ENGINE/GBOX/EXHAUST/ECU/SHIT)

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...ad.php?p=15205

Name
    zilla
    State
    nsw
    Country
    australia

So - there are two wires going to the chime module correct?

I just ordered one for my gf's car, she wanted one. Its an adm 4ac model but I am hoping to prove the nay sayers wrong & get the chime working, knowing that there is a speed signal pin on the dash circuit board of adm carby cars too.

Other imports (surf/soarers etc) seem to have the chime module bolted behind the dash cluster, but from the little info I can find about 86 ones, it is completely remote. Although I can't confirm this 100%.

Does anyone know if the "brain" of the 86 chime is included the module behind the centre console, or if it is a two-part item, with a section behind the dash cluster, & just the speaker behind the centre console?

The next question is - where do these two wires go? Does one tie in with the speed signal output from the dash? Is the other an earth?

there was a diagram somewhere for the ae86 chime box, might have had where the wires go?

in my ae92, it sits behind the cluster. its a small silver box to

Name
    zilla
    State
    nsw
    Country
    australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kAm @ Mar 28 2008, 11:56 AM) </div>Yep I have seen the diagram but couldn't make 100% sense of it. It shows a speed chime switch between pins 10&12 of the dash circuitboard. I'm not sure if the chime switch is integrated into all dash circuits (i.e. adm & jdm) & hence if they both have the output wires to the loom harness which plug into the remote chime module. I have a jap pinstrip dash in my car, but I was hoping to avoid pulling it out to check if the board is exactly the same as my gf's adm model dash.

When she gets home I will check if the loom plug exists in adm models for the remote chime to plug into. If not (& thats a 99% chance I'm guessing) I will have to compare my dash with hers to see the difference.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2