Thread: efi wiring question

Bad Email Address

i have just finished puting in my new engine a 16v blue top.
    have a few questions relating to wiring the ecu up. i have connected all the sensor correctly (well i hope any way).i have a full wiring diagram
    1) i cant find an "idle up computer".what is this and do i realy need it. if so iswhere is it or where can i get one.

2)i took a circuit opening realy off an ae82 at the wreckers but i couldnt find where to plug it in this was sitting on the ecu in the ae82. can i just wire this up myself or is the plug hidden some where? lucky i cut the loom if i have to wire it up.

3) when i took out the efi relay from the ae82 i noticed a wire coming out of the fuse/ relay box thinking it has something to do with the efi i took that plug too but dont know where it conects to.

4)finally the efi main realy did not come on a 4ac sprinter but what about the efi relay 2(fail safe) i think i found it on the drivers side kick panel it is an m4 like the main relay but there is no way i could be sure.

thanx fo any help it is much appreciated.

Bad Email Address

come on guys there must be some one who knows

Name
    Chris
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

ahh what wiring loom is it ? ae82 ae86 ae92 ?

1) The idle up computer runs the "Idle up" VSV. It should only have 4 wires hanging out of it (B-W, W-B, BR and . Search for the full AE86 body manual, it is included in this in a later page than the wiring diagram from club4ag. It should be available in the old Toymods techdocs or at aeu86.org. However not having it connected probably wont be the end of the world.

2)Just hook the circuit opening relay up to the correct wires and mount it somewhere nice.

3)That description is very vague. NFI what you are asking about.

4)Both EFI main relays are just normally open relays. Use any automotive ones.

Hen

Name
    Chris
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

1)the pins for this can be different locations on the ecu depending on which ecu part number

2) thats part of the cars wiring to ecu in the ae82 ae92 and short loom in the ae86 , five pins there is a wiring diagram on toolmods i posted it can be wired in without the cars wiring

3) thats why i asked which loom your had ? you are just wanting the power for the ecu ?

4) front the fuse box has a efi main outlet pin , its the 6.5mm terminal that isnt used due to it being a 4ac .