Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: anyone from Townsville?

Bad Email Address

Default anyone from Townsville?

hi just wondering if any 86 owners on here are from Townsville?

Name
    Anthony
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

hey mate do u have a blue 86? i have been working in north qld lately and i was passing through and i saw a blue 86 was that yours?

Bad Email Address

yes, mine is blue but not on the road. she needs a couple more things then she will be on the road, hopefully in the next 2 weeks. was the 1 you seen dark blue. i have been in that 1 its a
    4agte and is pretty cool. cant remember the owners name though.
    Last edited by 84AE86; 14th March 2009 at 01:09 AM.

Name
    Lindsay
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I'm in Mackay. Pity its 400 kms away...

Bad Email Address

how many 86's are there in Mackay?

Name
    Lindsay
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

2 that i know of. Mine and a red stock as adm. I'm pretty sure he has no clue what it is. I have heard (second hand info mind you) that there is a blue levin done up and also a white levin, but neither i or my mates have seen them and the dudes who told me about them don't seem to know much about cars so unless i see them myself i'm doubtful.

Its funny when you meet people and they have no clue what kind of car mine is, (being a trueno doesn't help) or some young fellas who are like "OMG thats an 86, its like a sick old school drifter and shit".

Spose thats what happens when you live in a bogan v8 town.

Bad Email Address

bahahahaha. townsville is abit bettet then that but still has a shit load of v8 bogans...lol

u r lucky u have a trueno, i wish i had 1, u know its funny i used to wish i could own an 86 just any kind would do it was my dream car and now i have one and im stoked and could never sell it, but i still want more now my dream car is a trueno...lol i have only had mine since wednesday. and still need to get it registered but i plan to have it on the road by this weekend.

i also own a supercharged GTi 92 corolla. but she is off the road at the moment aswel, i have had it since 2005.

Name
    Lindsay
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Yeah after owning it for a year i could never sell, it would have to be a pretty special car to trade her in. i guess im more attached because i imported her myself, took 3 months of waiting, normally only 2 but she arrived in oz on the 19/12/07 and didn't come out of the compliance shop untill the 8/2/08 because of christmas shut down.

whats your plans?/ current specs,

mine is currently a stock jdm bigport, t50 and t series diff. tempted to upgrage to a turbo smallport, w58 and f series. i've got the motor (not turbo yet, on stand in shed) and can get a rebuild box for 700 and just got payrise so the future is lookin good.

Also im guessing yours is stock atm would you ever want to upgrade to a bigport and/or disc brake t series, because if my plans go ahead, (im talkin couple of months) they would be for sale. but like i said thats the future and will cross that bridge when i get to it.

Bad Email Address

lol. mine is an ADM 86 at the moment it is stock with the 4AC but im looking at getting a 4AGE 20 valve with quad throttle body and a CAS 2 way mechanical diff. and yes rear disc conversion will on the cards, i will be upgrading the suspension first as i dont like driving a boat. coil overs all round

ill get you some pics when i have a chance.

Bad Email Address

i found someone who lives in townsville with a fully done up panda 86, he only got it on the road yestuday. and he said he is glad there is another 86 in townsville cause he thought he would be the only one driving around in 1.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast